just getting started...

Options
Elzecat
Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
Hi all,

I just joined MFP last week, although I started working out again about 4 weeks ago. I have only lost about 4 pounds so far but I have not really changed my diet much and I seem to be gaining a lot of muscle. I am trying to not be obsessive about the scale (ie, not weighing myself every day anymore, because if I haven't lost anything or if I have gained weight-probably muscle since I am also doing a push up challenge for the month of March on Facebook-I start to freak out and get discouraged) and focus more on how I feel and how my clothes fit. I also started a modified version of the Couch25K running plan and am up to running 8 one and a half minute intervals on the treadmill...a friend and I are walking/maybe jogging the Bolder Boulder in May so I am basically training for that. I would love to hear from anyone!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi gd luck with ur goals:smile:
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    keep up the good work that you have so far accomplished. You CAN do this. Best of luck to you!!
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Geez, that should have read "I am up to doing 1 1/2 minute running intervals on the treadmill, not 8 and a half...oopsie. (someday, though!)
    Hi all,

I just joined MFP last week, although I started working out again about 4 weeks ago. I have only lost about 4 pounds so far but I have not really changed my diet much and I seem to be gaining a lot of muscle. I am trying to not be obsessive about the scale (ie, not weighing myself every day anymore, because if I haven't lost anything or if I have gained weight-probably muscle since I am also doing a push up challenge for the month of March on Facebook-I start to freak out and get discouraged) and focus more on how I feel and how my clothes fit. I also started a modified version of the Couch25K running plan and am up to running 8 one and a half minute intervals on the treadmill...a friend and I are walking/maybe jogging the Bolder Boulder in May so I am basically training for that. I would love to hear from anyone!
  • Elzecat
    Options
    And thanks for the encouragement, everyone! That was part of the reason I joined MFP--to get extra support with my exercise and nutrition goals ;)