Time for a Change.

Options
Hi all!

My name is Katy, I am a 25 year old mother of one daughter, Ryleigh and wife to Terry. I started a new healthy eating and exercise routine on Monday. This is really about a life change for me as I have spent the last 19 months of my daughter's life sitting on my *kitten* and being a fatty. I am so tired of accepting this body as my own. I currently weigh 269 lbs, down 17 lbs from 1.5 months ago! I lost 6 of those just this week. I am walking at least 4 miles a day, Monday through Friday, as well as eating healthier by using whole grains and eliminating processed foods. Fruits and veggies, here I come!

The down side to this even, is I also have PCOS, so I must work twice as hard to lose the weight -- and keep it off. I look forward to joining in your journeys, however short or long they may be. Nice to finally be doing something positive with myself and for myself.

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you... It sounds like your on a good start.. Keep moving forward, it will come off if you remain faithful to YOURSELF.. PCOS will generally improve with a healthy diet, it certainly helps. My 19 yr was diagnosised w/ it when she qas just 16. She lost 45 lbs and really hasn't had to many problems with it since. Every once in awhile she will have some rough times during her time.. You should get some relief...

Thanks for sharing and good luck...
  • KatyG0409
    KatyG0409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome and the encouragement! Before my daughter, I had lost 85 lbs and was doing very well. I was even able to conceive and carry out my pregnancy on very little medication. I am embracing this new, healthy lifestyle and owning it as mine. Good luck to you in the rest of your journey.
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I have PCOS as well, and I know it can be a huge struggle. I've been overweight off and on since I hit puberty (at the ripe ol age of 8) and I know how hard it can be to lose it. I was at my highest weight a few weeks ago at 215.

What I've come to realize is that I was using PCOS as an excuse for my recent weight gain. YES, it does have something to do with it, but I have the power to change it.

Just remember that you can do anything you set your mind to. I will add you as a friend, and if you ever need any encouragement, I can definitely relate. =]
  • KatyG0409
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I agree, I have been using it as an excuse to just stay overweight. I am so happy I decided to take charge and do something about it finally. I would love to stay in touch and encourage each other through this journey. My all time high was 275 lbs, which I gained 30 of AFTER my daughter was born. Have you found anything that works especially well for you yet?
  • KatyG0409
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I agree, I have been using it as an excuse to just stay overweight. I am so happy I decided to take charge and do something about it finally. I would love to stay in touch and encourage each other through this journey. My all time high was 275 lbs, which I gained 30 of AFTER my daughter was born. Have you found anything that works especially well for you yet?