feeling crappy

uhhhggg

I know, there are others worse off than i, i keep trying to remember, but i feel like crap. Woke up with a cold. That isn't the part that bothers me, so much as the cold remedies totally kill my caloric count. I didn't eat a whole lot today, but i went over, cause of the cough syrup, and honey(in hot water with lemon) i have been taking. that just so sucks. just venting though, thats all, thank you for letting me do that.

Replies

• uhhhggg

I know, there are others worse off than i, i keep trying to remember, but i feel like crap. Woke up with a cold. That isn't the part that bothers me, so much as the cold remedies totally kill my caloric count. I didn't eat a whole lot today, but i went over, cause of the cough syrup, and honey(in hot water with lemon) i have been taking. that just so sucks. just venting though, thats all, thank you for letting me do that.
  • just because there are other people here worse of than you doesnt make your feeling like crap any less valid!

Rest rest rest, as hard as it is, you know pushing it will just make you sick longer.

Hope you feel better soon :)
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I am right there with you. I woke up with a cold yesterday morning! It's no fun!
  • namaste
    namaste Posts: 17 Member
    So sorry you're feeling bad. But seriously, don't beat yourself up about the calories. When you're sick your body has to work harder to try and fight off whatever it is you've got. Now I'm not saying pig out on whatever you can find, but eat healthy and don't worry about it. In fact if you don't get enough calories you'll stay sick longer. So hang in there, and just focus on resting and getting better.
  • I hope you feel better :flowerforyou: I'm recovering from a cold but I'm too stubborn I would not take no medications! or syrup! I hate them:sick: that's why it's takes much long to recover! hot shower 3 cups of orange juice and a lot of soupe made it "almost" go away!

Rest and drink a lot of liquid:flowerforyou:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Don't worry so much about the calories while you're down. Your body will need additional calories to heal and the most important thing right now is to get better, then you can focus on your calorie intake again. I'm not saying "Go crazy", but don't fret about the calories in the cough syrup.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    :frown: Must be something in the air..........literally :cry: I went down sick a week ago with a partcularly nasty cold and have had the devil's own time shaking it. Hubby has health problems like COPD and CHF, which makes even the common cold something that he really DOES NOT need to get hold of him so worrying that I'll infect him just adds to the stress :noway: