Water Workouts

Options
I am having some difficulty finding the energy to work out these days because it is just way too hot for me. Being from Buffalo, NY, 87 degrees is really hot for me. I have been trying to go in my pool and swim as much as possible. I was just wondering if anyone has lost weight by doing this and if this is a good supplement for regular excercise?

Replies

• Christine30412
    Options
    I am having some difficulty finding the energy to work out these days because it is just way too hot for me. Being from Buffalo, NY, 87 degrees is really hot for me. I have been trying to go in my pool and swim as much as possible. I was just wondering if anyone has lost weight by doing this and if this is a good supplement for regular excercise?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    swimming is an EXCELLENT full body cardio plus resistance workout. It's one of the better work out's available, and because it's no impact, you can do it every day without serious risk of injury.
  • spartysue
    spartysue Posts: 29
    Options
    I totally agree! Swimming is a fantastic way to get exercise! Not only is it good cardio, but you're using all of your body! When I used to swim regularly, I was fit and toned ALL OVER! I no longer have easy access to a pool, but I am checking into my options so I can get back into swimming. I have arthritis and lower back problems - my doctors have told me swimming is the absolute best thing I can do for my health and increasing my strength!
  • Christine30412
    Options
    I only have a 12ft round pool so actual swimming isn't very easy to do because they're isn't much room, but I run in the water, do squats and other excercises. Does it have the same kind of benefits? I just hate the hot weather, and I hate to make excuses why I don't excercise, so I figured this is better than nothing!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics doesn't burn as much as land aerobics, but it's still good exercise. Get some water noodles and use them for upper body:
    You can put a noodle in each hand and press down while you jog.
    You can do something similar to cross country skiing with noodles.
    Jumping up and down is always good.
    Jump and bring the knees towards the chest.

Let me know if you want more:bigsmile:
  • Christine30412
    Options
    I already have some noodles, so now I'm all set. Thanks!