• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    It'll work out Banks!! Hang in there!!
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Got my fingers crossed.

I wonder how many calories it burns to strangle the lawyer (hehehe just kidding) :laugh:

:drinker: Heres to hopefully drinking the bubbly.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Nooooooo. Back away from the lawyer. You wouldn't want to dirty your hands would you??

Hopin' it's a bubbly night for you Banks!! You definately deserve it!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Bubbly?! :drinker:

I feel ya on this one. Hubby and I are buying our first house. We thought we were going to keep renting but the options were crappy, so we decided to buy. All I have to say is that the system for house buying and selling is messed up!!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Any news?
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I bet they got BANKSED...

*ring ring*

I heard he went into such a blood rage that they're going to reopen alcatraz JUST to contain him...
  • mommared53
    Options
    OH NOOOOO!!!! Remember Banks, JUSTIFIABLE homicide. You'll never take him alive copper!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    You do realize now that you've posted your intentions, it's now premeditated, right? Yes, after years of cyber law, watching Law & Order, and well, People's Court...

It would be "premeditated."

Just go for two bottles of wine either way instead. K?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, to update you all. It didn't happen. Not even close. The sellers got the deed over Friday afternoon. which was way too late. On the upside, at least we got the satisfaction of seeing that they wasted a lot of money this last 45 days in interest and Lawyer fees for nothing. The have already relisted the house, and we are thinking of putting up another offer, lowballing this time cuz we don't need an inspection or anything and they already have a deed and the paperwork in our name so it would be a 3 day sale. Otherwise they will have to refile everything and wait again. I think they may go for it. I'm not getting emotionally invested this time though, there's lots of other houses out there.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    If not, a chainsaw does wonders to a house......

th_chainsaw.gif
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Well, to update you all. It didn't happen. Not even close. The sellers got the deed over Friday afternoon. which was way too late. On the upside, at least we got the satisfaction of seeing that they wasted a lot of money this last 45 days in interest and Lawyer fees for nothing. The have already relisted the house, and we are thinking of putting up another offer, lowballing this time cuz we don't need an inspection or anything and they already have a deed and the paperwork in our name so it would be a 3 day sale. Otherwise they will have to refile everything and wait again. I think they may go for it. I'm not getting emotionally invested this time though, there's lots of other houses out there.

That sounds like a plan Banks!
    Your right about there being alot of other houses out there...my take, there is a reason for everything, and there may be something bigger and better right around the corner ( you just don't know it yet!)

:heart:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good luck Banks, I learned a long time ago things happen for a reason so as watch48win said, maybe there is something better in store for you!!

Anyway, don't strangle anyone, we kind of like ya around here and we would miss ya if you got in trouble!!:laugh: :laugh: :explode:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Business stinks!

Good luck with this friend. An uphill battle, even when everything is finished. Do you have other homes as back ups?

We had ONE home picked out when we flew in to purchase last year. I have no clue what we would have done if it had fallen through. :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    So thanks for the kind words all. I appreciate it. As I'm sure you all know, I haven't had a lot of time to post on here recently. Between the house and my new job at work, I'm kinda straight out right now. It'll quiet down soon enough. Anyway, here's the deal, we resubmitted last night. the thing is, we resubmitted for 30K lower, which I love, and the NEW agent we are using has a very strong relationship with the sellers agency, has bought lots of foreclosures, and has worked with this property as a seller before, so he was EXTREMELY confident that this offer was very strong. Add to that, he has called the seller about this property already and she said there were no other offers in, and the fact that the seller, and our mortgage agent still have all our existing paperwork means we could close on this house in 10 days if we want. Which is a huge gold star to the bank we are buying it from. So hopefully this will turn out well. I think worst case is they come back with a counter, I think we would be willing to go up 10K more then our current offer, we will see. Here we go again, I just GOT OFF the rollercoaster, now I'm hopping right back on. Geez, I'm a glutton for punishment.

:explode:

Banks
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    just be careful what you wish for...
    dh and i sold our house in 11/05 after many failed contracts, many lookers. it was a sign we weren't suppose to sell it. but, we really wanted the bigger house bad. so when we finally sold it, it turned into a mess. they wanted us out asap after closing and they still didn't move in for 3 weeks. we offered them rent, they said no. short cut here... moved into new house 11/05, which in turn we lived in the kitchen only for a month, the house had been broken into and contracters were putting walls back up. dh lost his job 6/07 (only income, i am a stay at home wife). house is now in forclosure and we filed bankrupcy and are renting. our old house we had been in for 17yrs. pymts $350.00, pymts on new house $1400, pymts now renting $875. we didn't pay attention to why we couldn't sell the house when it was a sign to just stay put. it didn't happen right away, but it happened.
    so, pleassssssssssssse be very careful.....
    chipper
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you two Banks. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • mommared53
    Options
    Good luck Banks. Hope everything works out this time.

Betty