How do you log 30 Day Shred?

Options
I know this has probably been asked a zillion times, but I'm starting it Monday and want to be sure I can log it right! Thanks!

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I looked at the 'high impact aerobics' and thinking that it would be similar in logging it. 30 min=297cal.. Add your own exercise and label it 30 day shred - level 1, level 2, level3 and increase the amount cals burned off.
    Have fun!!
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends log as high impact aerobics. Sounds about right I would say. Good luck to ya!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    I was told to log it as circuit training.
  • x_cylence_x
    Options
    ive always logged it as circuit training
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've been told to log it as circuit training for 27 minutes.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I was logging it as 20 minutes of circuit training until I got my hrm. Now I log it as 27 (from start to finish, including stretches) minutes Shred and imput my own calories burned. Logging it as 27 minutes instead of 20 was pretty close to what my hrm says.
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Sounds like I've been logging it too low. I did a search and many people said a 30-day Shred session burned approx 150 calories. I've always logged it as 10 min high impact and 10 min low impact aerobics. If you want accuracy, get an HRM. Good luck!
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've been logging mine as circuit training.
  • bmorebatman
    bmorebatman Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training, 20 min. I"d rather under estimate than over estimate. I used my hrm with it once, but I have a watch not a cheststrap and it was soo inconvenient and counterproductive taking pauses to get my heart rate. So I only took my hr 3 or 4 times (usually when doing abs,when heart rate has time to go down a bit), but it said I only burned 45 cals for the whole circuit. I'm ok with with guess-stimating my burn with 30ds and using my hrm for cardio
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the info! I'll log it as circuit training until I get my HRM at the end of the month! I really appreciate all your input!