Inches VS weight Loss

Options
Okay. I am satisfied with the weight loss progress and even still motivated to exercise, which is a good thing in itself. My question is what can I do to loose inches rather than pounds. I am 5' 10" and 188. I used to weigh 177 and was very comfortable at that weight. BUT I stilll had an issue with the jiggles. I want to be more toned and definded (non jiggley) and I need to know how to get there with out loosing too much weight. I am too tall to be skinny and I really don't want to go under 175. But at the same token all I hear is you have to burn fat to lose your stomach. So I don't know what to do. I think if I incorperate more strength training into my routine it will help and I will begin to see tone. Will that help with inches too. Will I continue to burn as many calories to get the flat stomach. Please help.

Replies

• prekteacher2
    Options
    Weight training is a big help. I try to lift free weights 2 times a week and the other days do the machines along with my cardio. I can tell the difference in my clothing fitting better.

Good luck and sending you skinny vibes~~~~!:glasses:
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Cardio is going to drop the fat down, which means weight loss. Strength training will tone what you got and have you looking toned and together...Good Luck
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    zumba zumba zumba :)

I lose inches with zumba :)

Now doing the 30 day shred but thats to lose weight as well (but so worht doing if you have some still left to lose as you lose inches on it too :)
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that stomach fat is all in what you eat. It will come off with cardio and weights, but I read that it gets packed on bc of food. It said to only eat whole fresh foods. NOTHING fast food, or in a package. Good luck!
  • datchick
    datchick Posts: 13
    Options
    Weight training is a big help. I try to lift free weights 2 times a week and the other days do the machines along with my cardio. I can tell the difference in my clothing fitting better.

Good luck and sending you skinny vibes~~~~!:glasses:

Thanx for the vibes...
  • datchick
    datchick Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanx for the feed back everyone. I am going to increase my weight lifting. I got down before and it was due to lifting weights. I exercised with Cathe Friedrick, she is crazy. I can no longer find her on TV...:frown: Guess I am going to have to find someone else to get right with.