I'M EATING MY LUNCH BEFORE 11

Options
When I was a kid and my mom would pack my lunch I would eat 1/2 of it in the school bus on the way to school - then be sitting around at lunch time like a droopy eyed dog watching everyone else eat! I am reverting back to my childhood today. This morning I worked out at 5 AM - ate a good breakfast [oatmeal and skim milk with fresh peach slices] - on the way to work I ate 1/2 my lunch and by 11 AM I had most of the remainder polished off - INCLUDING MY AFTERNOON SNACK! what is wrong with me? I cringe to think about how hungry I will be around 3 PM! oh my oh my

Replies

• randimockensturm
    randimockensturm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid and my mom would pack my lunch I would eat 1/2 of it in the school bus on the way to school - then be sitting around at lunch time like a droopy eyed dog watching everyone else eat! I am reverting back to my childhood today. This morning I worked out at 5 AM - ate a good breakfast [oatmeal and skim milk with fresh peach slices] - on the way to work I ate 1/2 my lunch and by 11 AM I had most of the remainder polished off - INCLUDING MY AFTERNOON SNACK! what is wrong with me? I cringe to think about how hungry I will be around 3 PM! oh my oh my
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    oh my oh my is right..

All I can say is to have lots of water there..and stay away from the vending machines!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Maybe try more veggies? I eat huge salads with fruit and vinegar - very low cal and very filling along with a small amount of carbs.
  • lesliemassage
    Options
    Sounds like your metabolism is kicking in. That's a good thing. Why don't you plan on eating small meals all day long instead of the keeping the old mindset of 3 squares a day? It might work better for you to split all your meals in half.

Don't feel guilty, this could work in your favor.
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If you're working out at 0500 you really should be eating significant protein w/ your breakfast post-workout. That will help to keep you more satisfied until the next meal. Make sure you are including an a.m. snack too.

:drinker:
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Options
    Your day starts very early, and with exercise! When I exercise, I always get hungry. How about more protein in the morning? Cottage cheese, Canadian bacon, eggbeaters ...
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you are! Normally I eat breakfast at 7am have a morning snack at about 10am and lunch at 12. Today... not so good. I was done with everything except for my lunch (only because it's still frozen and I've yet to figure out how to eat a frozen lean cuisine...:laugh: ) by 10am and still feeling hungry! And I've already had my 8 glasses of water today. Maybe it's a sign that our metabolism is speeding up and we're going to start dropping weight like crazy! :wink:

Hang in there!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 and am usually exercising by 6. I eat a BIG breakfast when I do exercise--usually about 400 or more calories. But even on the days I don't exercise, I eat a pretty decent breakfast (should biggest meal of the day, remember!), then have a mid-morning snack.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You should be eating a bigger breakfast.....at least 30%, if not more, of your daily calories. It will really help you throughout the entire day!
  • randimockensturm
    randimockensturm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was done with everything except for my lunch (only because it's still frozen and I've yet to figure out how to eat a frozen lean cuisine...:laugh: )

i CAN'T stop laughing that is too funny - maybe I should start brining some frozen meals instead! make them play 'HARD TO GET' with me!:glasses:
    You guys thanks for the ideas. The protein is probably going to be in tomorrow AM's meal plan.
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    Try packing mini (healthy) snacks! :happy: That way it will curb the hunger and you won't eat your lunch too early! Drink lots of water that always help me. I pack a small baggie of grapes, baby carrots, granola mix... something like that .

Get you one of those 100 or less calories snacks packets and some low fat yogurt! I truly believe that it will tied you over until lunch time.

Best of luck!!:bigsmile:
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    I have recently discovered that when I eat breakfast before work I am hungry all day and Im never satisfied with what I eat. But if I eat when I get to work (like have oatmeal or a breakfast bar) I eat a couple hundred fewer calories a day...and I feel so much fuller. Just a thought.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Been there done that... Don't panic. Think of tomorrow as a new day.:flowerforyou:

I too start my day as early as you do. What I have found helpful is to eat more smaller meals. Three meals a day is tough to do right when your days are so long.

Plus, make sure that you are getting some good protein with your after breakfast workout. My doctor told me this years ago and it has worked well for me. Adding just a little bit of protein to your breakfast helps your morning snack tide you over until lunch. Before I took his advice, I would be starving about an hour and a half after my breakfast.

Tomorrow is a new day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.

By the way, I eat lunch at 10:30 am everyday.:wink: It works for me!
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i'm with ya! i teach a bootcamp at 5:30 in the morning. i eat before i go, i eat when i'm done around 7:30, Then i usually have lunch around 10:30, a snack at 1:30 and some light dinner around 3:30before i go to my evenging job. I usually have a snack at break around 6:45. When you are working your body for long hours in the day its going to be asking for more food. give it healthy things when its hungry and you should be just fine, no matter what time it is!!!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I recommend definitely eating more often! I get up at 445 every day for work. I have breakfast at 530am, snack at 8am, lunch at 1130/ or noon depending on time... then dinner by 5.. and a snack at 7.............

If I get the munchies in between I drink lots and lots of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!