Two yays for me today! :)

young1726
young1726 Posts: 347 Member
edited September 24 in Success Stories
I started this journey to lose weight two and a half years ago. I dropped 25 pounds in 5 months. I was so excited and the momentum was amazing...until my husband and I found out we were expecting! We were very excited, but it obviously put my weight loss plans on hold. Since then, we have had two babies (the youngest will be 7 months old next week) and as of today I have hit my pre pregnancy weight! I am finally back to where I left off. I lost a little weight in the early stages of my first pregnancy so I'm not quite at the lowest I've been since I started this journey, but I'm getting close. I was just VERY excited to announce that I have two babies under the age of 19 months and I have lost every last pound they tried to make me pack on. :D

Yay number two... I also dropped below my obese range as of my weigh in this morning!

Unfortunately for those asking for advice, I don't have much. I'm breastfeeding so I eat a minimum of 1700 calories to account for the 500 hundred breastfeding calories. I have cheat days, if not cheat weekends, but am usually VERY strict on the weekdays. I don't get in too much exercise, unfortunately. I don't get home from work until 5 or later and anytime I'm not eating dinner or getting the kiddos ready for bed, I'm pretty much stuck on the couch feeding my sweet baby girl. Most nights she doesn't finish eating until 10 and with getting up at 5am I don't feel like working out that late. When I do manage to get some exercise in, I DO eat my exercise calories. Heck, I even enter in my cleaning and cooking minutes as exercise and eat those! :)

Good luck to all of you out there on your journeys. You can do it too!

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Good for you! Healthy and happy mom is good for the whole family!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Wonderful! Congratulations! Your hard work and discipline has really worked for you!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    CONGRATS on both your weight loss and having your babies. Glad to hear you are a young , healthy, happy mom and wife....
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Way to go!!
  • gagster
    gagster Posts: 12
    That is awsome granddaughter. You are doing great.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Thanks everyone! It feels great. And good results just make me want to keep going... I'm always anxious for my weekly weigh ins now. And not because I'm nervous, but because I'm EXCITED! :)

Love you Grandma! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!