Hi, I am Kitty.

I have almost always felt uncomfortable in my body. When in high school, I weighted 139-145 or so, and I felt super fat. I am 5 foot an a rose petal, so that was a bit overweight, but not fat. Had I been more toned, I would have been just right.

By the time I was 23 I weighted 213 lb. OMG I was big. I was round, I was very unhappy with my weight, but I felt like I could not do anything about it. I went to lots of doctors, because I knew something was wrong. They all said I was fine, I just need to work harder, but I worked out, I ate ok, and nothing happened. Then I went to the gynecologist, and her mid-wife told me I had PCOS. She told me that my being so large was in part because of that, she told me I could lose weight if I was on gluchophage and ate lower carbs, and worked out more. She gave me hope. I started taking the meds, and trying. In a few months I was don’t 20lb.

At my 26 birthday, I weight 140lb. Wow. That is 73lb lost. Around that time, I felt good in my body. I was toned, I looked good, my health was great. No pain in my feet anymore, I felt so much younger. To be honest I got a bit of an ego, I sort of liked looking at my muscles in the mirror, and going shopping in the miss and girls sections of the stores.

I am 29 now, and I have had a desk job for a year (accountant). I weight 170lb. I feel so sad. I worked so hard for three years to get where I was, and now I feel like a lame loser. How could I let this happen. It was a few lbs here, and a few there, and the next thing I knew I was fat again. I tried out the wii fit a few days ago, and it told me I am OBESE (how rude).

I don’t have nice hard muscles anymore. I can’t wear size 6 (I am in size 14 pants now, I can wear 12 if I try hard). I feel older, I am starting to have pain in my legs and feet again, I am tried, and I feel more sad more of the time. It is amazing how much weight effects my whole life.

My goal weight when I started from 213lb was to reach 133lb. 80lb. I never reached that, the lowest I got was 139lb. I want to reach that so bad. I want to be that person.

How I did it the first time:
Took my meds ever day on time
Worked out 2-3 hours a day
Keep a food journal- keeping my net calories under 1200, or 1000 everyday.
Took a multivitamin everyday (don’t think this did much for the weight lose, it just seemed like something I should do)
Ate lower carb (not super low) and high protein (hence the nice tone)

I got to the gym now 5 days a week. I work out for about 1 hour a day. It is not enough, I am barley staying afloat.

I have though about getting a personal trainer (not because I need the expertise, but because it would be nice to have someone else invested in my health), but that costs a bit more then I can pay right now.

So I am finally filling out my profile, and making a post, maybe I can get a little support here, and feel like I have someone to prove “I can do it” too.

Replies

• I have almost always felt uncomfortable in my body. When in high school, I weighted 139-145 or so, and I felt super fat. I am 5 foot an a rose petal, so that was a bit overweight, but not fat. Had I been more toned, I would have been just right.

By the time I was 23 I weighted 213 lb. OMG I was big. I was round, I was very unhappy with my weight, but I felt like I could not do anything about it. I went to lots of doctors, because I knew something was wrong. They all said I was fine, I just need to work harder, but I worked out, I ate ok, and nothing happened. Then I went to the gynecologist, and her mid-wife told me I had PCOS. She told me that my being so large was in part because of that, she told me I could lose weight if I was on gluchophage and ate lower carbs, and worked out more. She gave me hope. I started taking the meds, and trying. In a few months I was don’t 20lb.

At my 26 birthday, I weight 140lb. Wow. That is 73lb lost. Around that time, I felt good in my body. I was toned, I looked good, my health was great. No pain in my feet anymore, I felt so much younger. To be honest I got a bit of an ego, I sort of liked looking at my muscles in the mirror, and going shopping in the miss and girls sections of the stores.

I am 29 now, and I have had a desk job for a year (accountant). I weight 170lb. I feel so sad. I worked so hard for three years to get where I was, and now I feel like a lame loser. How could I let this happen. It was a few lbs here, and a few there, and the next thing I knew I was fat again. I tried out the wii fit a few days ago, and it told me I am OBESE (how rude).

I don’t have nice hard muscles anymore. I can’t wear size 6 (I am in size 14 pants now, I can wear 12 if I try hard). I feel older, I am starting to have pain in my legs and feet again, I am tried, and I feel more sad more of the time. It is amazing how much weight effects my whole life.

My goal weight when I started from 213lb was to reach 133lb. 80lb. I never reached that, the lowest I got was 139lb. I want to reach that so bad. I want to be that person.

How I did it the first time:
    Took my meds ever day on time
    Worked out 2-3 hours a day
    Keep a food journal- keeping my net calories under 1200, or 1000 everyday.
    Took a multivitamin everyday (don’t think this did much for the weight lose, it just seemed like something I should do)
    Ate lower carb (not super low) and high protein (hence the nice tone)

I got to the gym now 5 days a week. I work out for about 1 hour a day. It is not enough, I am barley staying afloat.

I have though about getting a personal trainer (not because I need the expertise, but because it would be nice to have someone else invested in my health), but that costs a bit more then I can pay right now.

So I am finally filling out my profile, and making a post, maybe I can get a little support here, and feel like I have someone to prove “I can do it” too.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Hello Kitty! (Sorry, couldn't help myself) This site is amazing!! Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    you will do great! it's been a long hard struggle for you, but just make sure to stay active and follow the calorie count that the website gives you, it may seem high, but believe us....it WORKS!! best of luck to you!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    You'll do great here. Just modify how much your eating and it does really come off. If you want support you've come to the right place:happy:
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    You will do it... just stay focused and yell when you need some re-motivation!

Reading your post reminded me... how we (people who have had weight problems all their life)......... really remember what we weighed at each stage of our life. I can tell you what i weighed since 9 th grade up till now based on events throughout that time.

Weird!

Anyway - welcome and good luck!
  • rhonda79
    rhonda79 Posts: 95 Member
    Hi Kitty welcome, you'll do great just keeping working hard on it and stick with it.
  • delanahub
    delanahub Posts: 56
    This is a great site, it has helped out with good days and bad, follow it. and if you screw up, we all do, just pick up again and keep going, plus all the online message boards are great especially if you want to eat when you are bored or lonely, that has been a big help for myself and the way I feel helping others. do your best, Delana
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    I wish we were close in geography - I'd so happily be your trainer for free! I actually just started up a free stroller fitness program 4 weeks ago because the services of PTs really are expensive but everyone deserves access to that kind of motivation, support and fitness wisdom!! Maybe if you find someone in your area who is as passionate about their goals as you, you could invest in each other like that.

This site has 180*'d my whole set of destructive patterns and I'm so happy here. I hope you find that too!
  • Hi! And good luck!

:flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Hello!! You can definitely find inspiration and motivation. if it's more of an obligation feeling join any of the challenges that get started or even start your own!! Good luck to ya!!:flowerforyou:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Hello and Welcome! You have come to the right place!
    Just sit back, read and laugh away!
    Too post? Or not to post?

57971.png
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Kitty, and welcome to the best site on the web!
    There's no "maybe" about it, the people on this site WILL give you tons of support! And you WILL lose whatever weight you want to, AND, it'll ALMOST be fun and easy!!!