How long should it take?

Options
I am hoping to drop about 70 lbs. I was wondering how long should I expect that to day? I have goals ,but I do not know if they are realistic. I am really devoting myself eating clean and exercising. I am currently eating no more than 1200 calories a day and exercising 5x a week (3x with a trainer). I am trying my best to drink lots of water and keep my sodium levels low. I am 23, so I am still young, but I still don't know how long should I expect. I know everyone's body is different ,but any insight would be helpful.

Replies

• Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Options
    Hypothetically, if you are consistent with your workouts and eating right, you can possibly be down by 7 months at the earliest. This is basing 2 pounds lost per week/10 pounds a month.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't answer your question, but am currently working on moving to a clean diet. The best help I can give you regarding your question though is that I have lost 12 pounds since January 27th, just eating better. I really haven't figured out how to fit regular exercise into my schedule. I was on vacation for a week and a half during this time, so things are a little off because of that. I am happy with the pounds I have dropped so far by being careful about what I eat and making a fair amount of home made food more often! Add me if you'd like!
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Try this link

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/weight_loss_calculator.htm

I'm loving all the calculators on this site, but this one is for exactly what your wanting to know!!

There's also some good ones on: http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html

Hope this helps!

And remember, slow and stead wins the race - it's trying to lose the weight fast that causes us to gain it back!! Just a thought to keep in mind!!

Good luck!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you're consistent with your healthy diet and exercise you should reasonably expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week, so it could take 35-70 weeks, which would be about 8 1/2-17 1/2 months.