HHMMM... need an answer...

Options
okay so I just bought myself a HRM with the chest strap... so today I decided to use it with my WII active 2 workouts... so the HRM that the came comes with the game was a little off which I expected but not too much... now what was really off was the calorie count and I dont know which one to use on MFP...

On the WII: after 2 workouts 420 cal
On the HRM: after 2 workouts 832 cal
the whole workout was about 1: 45 min long also keep in mind that the game doesnt count calories during the breaks in between activities so.... which one do I use....

Im kinda liking the larger number OF COURSE but it might be wishful thinking

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You HRM is going to be much more accurate, because its personalized. The Wii number is just a generic number, maybe taking into consideration your height and weight, but definitely not how strenuous the exercise is for you (how much it raises your heart rate)
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I agree...if you're using the strap it will be much more accurate....good new eh???

WTG!
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    I would agrre that the HRM is more accurate. It is constantly counting and averaging your HR.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Did you happen to see what your heart rate was while you were working out? I know that sometimes if my HRM isn't getting a good signal from the chest strap it sometimes will display an impossibly high number (like 260) for a minute or so until it finds the signal again. Of course, this would make the calorie count at the end inaccurately high. Just a thought :flowerforyou:
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    use the hrm...

I always use the hrm and use it for everything- much more accurate and versatile, of course
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Go with the HRM!! It's going to be more accurate!
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    nope no glitch though i am aware of it picking up interference... I have it set to beep when I reach 200+ and it never beeped... highest was 180 and average was about 143 which is pretty norm for me.... I try to stay away from the appliances that interfere with the HRM cause when I play it i have noticed that when Im too close to the computer or Iphone or TV i get an god awful number like 260 or so... Im a cardiology nurse and I know what people look like when they reach 260+ but thanks guys for the input
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    i always use my HRM, but I round down, usually subtract between 50 and 100 before logging. I have found that it, compared to my BodyMediaFit tells me a little higher burn. Also, you have to account for what you would have burned in that time anyway so you're not double counting that.