New girl here and needs friends to keep me on track!!

Options
Hi fitnesspal community how are you my name is kelly im 18 and for the longest time now i have felt so disgusted with myself. My fiance says im beautiful and he thinks im just perfect in everyway i feel good when he says that but still im not fully satisfied with the way i look. i weigh about 150 pounds i used to weigh about 130 and since i have been with my fiance i have gained like 15 to 20 pounds and i have done everything it seems like to lose weight but it seems like nothing works. I work as a waitress and im switching to cashier soon so i will still be on my feet i walk all the time and i do yoga when i have time and i try so hard to eat right but its hard with the people i live with they think everything has to be fried and then when i try to switch things up they complain so i just make things for myself now but i still dont seem to see a difference in my weight. I need guidance and motivation and im hoping this community can help me stay on track and reach my goal thank you for listening and i hope you all reach your goals and maintain them=)

Replies

• miss_melissa_
    Options
    welcome to mfp! everyone here is so encouraging so you have come to the right place. feel free to add me. I am always looking for new friends for this journey.
  • Jerri56
    Jerri56 Posts: 5
    Options
    you can add me also. i am new and find myfitnesspal to be very helpful. I didn't realize how many calories I was eating through the day just by a handful of this and a little bit of that.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Hi fitnesspal community how are you my name is kelly im 18 and for the longest time now i have felt so disgusted with myself. My fiance says im beautiful and he thinks im just perfect in everyway i feel good when he says that but still im not fully satisfied with the way i look. i weigh about 150 pounds i used to weigh about 130 and since i have been with my fiance i have gained like 15 to 20 pounds and i have done everything it seems like to lose weight but it seems like nothing works. I work as a waitress and im switching to cashier soon so i will still be on my feet i walk all the time and i do yoga when i have time and i try so hard to eat right but its hard with the people i live with they think everything has to be fried and then when i try to switch things up they complain so i just make things for myself now but i still dont seem to see a difference in my weight. I need guidance and motivation and im hoping this community can help me stay on track and reach my goal thank you for listening and i hope you all reach your goals and maintain them=)
    ***** everyone around you. I get a lot of crap from others about "oh you're like a girl with what you eat" well whatever I'm the one getting ripped while everyone else is getting fat. You just worry about eating good yourself, and if you can, help others. If they don't want to get helped don't help them :)
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I could always use more friends!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'll add you too... us Army wives gotta stick together! LOL