exercise after a c-section

Options
Wondering if there's anyone that's had a c-section and now working out ? I'm trying to do ab exercises 7 months after a c-section but I'm feeling a lot of really bad cramps! :frown: and lower back burning :ohwell: ?!?!?

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It took me FOREVER to not feel anything while doing ab exercises after my c-section. And I think the burning lower back thing is because your ab muscles are weak so your lower back muscles are trying to compensate. This is not good. You need to find exercises that work your core without putting strain on your lower back. If you Google you should be able to find LOTS of short videos on which ones will help you.

edited to add: if you feel like the cramps are something to worry about, a call to your doc would take about five minutes and probably ease your mind a lot. Better safe than sorry. I hope this helps ;-)))
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I had all 4 of my babies c-section. I didn't really try to work out too much until after the 4th. The first time I met with a trainer at the gym, I was shocked. She showed me some ab exercises to try and I was completely unable to do them. I'm not just talking about them being too hard, I would try to move and my body didn't budge. It felt like I was paralyzed when it came to doing ab work, nothing would happen when I tried to move. Take your time. Let the muscles come back.
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section 8 months ago and I'm doing ab exercises with relative ease. I'm doing 30 Day shred to give you an idea. Good Luck!
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i had a c section on december 28 2010. i'm doing great now!
    i had two surgeries a few days after the csection, where they had to literally open me back up. (gross yes?)

well after being under strict doctors orders, and having to reteach my body how to walk twice, i'm perfectly great!
    i've lost 11 pounds since staring one feb. 27... and the best exercises i have found
    are
    wii fit... wonderful
    dance dance revolution is my favorite today!!! get my saggy tushy in shape
    i've done the biggest loser on wii as well
    the elliptical is your friend..
    and if you have netflix, they have the 10 minute workouts and OMG they are 10 minutes of HELL, but you can definitely tell the difference afterwards
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections and some of the ab stuff ain't happenin. Haha my body literally won't do them (ie reverse crunches). I just try my best. Perhaps you should start with things that involve moving from your core ( kick boxing, 30day shred is so fun, pushups, etc) and worry about your abs when they get stronger. If you feel like it's unbearable pain see your doc but otherwise keep at it!