Plans for the week-end?

Options
Ok.... so yet another boring day at work:yawn: . I have an extreme nervous energy about me so I tend to get a whole days work done within my first hour... so now I just sit here. BUT it's almost Friday which means the week-end baby :drinker: so what's everyone's plans? Myself? I'll be working on our house again :grumble: I'm so blessed to have the opportunity but damn am I getting tired of sweating my butt off almost every day after work plus on the week-ends!! It's a 76 yr old home and we got it on the historic register so we can't change the exterior but we're redoing almost everything inside. Good news is we're about 90% with the electric, 90% done with plumbing, found out today we got financed for all new heating and cooling hvac stuff (:drinker: dancing in my seat) cause that was 7600 bucks we didn't have!! I managed to do all the insulation myself within about a week 1/2... We got a reasonable quote on the drywall and it's all starting to come together. But anyway (me <---- long winded) That's my week-end.... every week-end actually until we get it done! NEXT!

Replies

• mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Ok.... so yet another boring day at work:yawn: . I have an extreme nervous energy about me so I tend to get a whole days work done within my first hour... so now I just sit here. BUT it's almost Friday which means the week-end baby :drinker: so what's everyone's plans? Myself? I'll be working on our house again :grumble: I'm so blessed to have the opportunity but damn am I getting tired of sweating my butt off almost every day after work plus on the week-ends!! It's a 76 yr old home and we got it on the historic register so we can't change the exterior but we're redoing almost everything inside. Good news is we're about 90% with the electric, 90% done with plumbing, found out today we got financed for all new heating and cooling hvac stuff (:drinker: dancing in my seat) cause that was 7600 bucks we didn't have!! I managed to do all the insulation myself within about a week 1/2... We got a reasonable quote on the drywall and it's all starting to come together. But anyway (me <---- long winded) That's my week-end.... every week-end actually until we get it done! NEXT!
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I LOVE old houses but they are a LOT of work! Don't forget about all those exercise calories you earn though!

My kids and my husband bought me a spa gift certificate for my birthday and tomorrow that's what I'll be doing! I'm really excited. I've never gotten a full spa treatment before!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Whew, that made me tired just reading about your weekend!
    I have a weekend full of house cleaning and furniture shopping ahead of me. Which should be fun but I have a champagne taste on a beer budget so this should be interesting.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    My weekend plans consist of keepin busy until Sunday at midnight then i get to see my husband he is finally coming home from Iraq woooooooohooooooooo-- 15 months is just too long I am so excited-- have a great weekend
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This weekend I will be keeping my 1 year old grandson so my daughter and her husband can go out of town and celebrate their 5 year wedding anniversary. I am so looking forward to spending 3 days with him. On another positive side, I am looking foward to the extra activity I will get chasing him!!!
    (Wonder how you log in that as exercise since it's not something I do every day?? :happy:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
  • mholmes
    Options
    My weekend plans consist of keepin busy until Sunday at midnight then i get to see my husband he is finally coming home from Iraq woooooooohooooooooo-- 15 months is just too long I am so excited-- have a great weekend

:noway: over a year! You're a strong woman!! Congrats on him coming home too, is he home for good?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Have to do all my Shannonrella chores on Saturday, then going to my folks to celebrate my brother & grandmother's b/days! :drinker: :drinker:

And get my long run in too.

Oh yeah and.....

beer.gif
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Have to do all my Shannonrella chores on Saturday, then going to my folks to celebrate my brother & grandmother's b/days! :drinker: :drinker:

Oh yeah and.....

beer.gif

Uh... Shannon... you're plans include relieving me of my post at the pit right?? :laugh:
  • mholmes
    Options

Oh yeah and.....

beer.gif

*searching for whip* Back to work!!
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Dont feel too bad Mholmes....
    on my weekends I get to catch up on laundry and housework...oooooo fun!!
    lol
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options

How exciting for you!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Oh yeah and.....

beer.gif

Uh... Shannon... you're plans include relieving me of my post at the pit right?? :laugh:

I traded with Ali! :bigsmile:
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Oh yeah and.....

beer.gif

we need more lotion...some food woud not go amiss either.

My plans, should i get out of this hole thingy, are to sit around my flat lamenting the fact it is not rugby season yet and contemplating going to the gym to make up for it, remembering the gym is at work and avoiding it like the plague.

and have a great weekend to mrsyac2, one of my colleague's husband got back to from the gulf for the weekend last week (first time she had seen him since pretty much their honeymoon in November). Had to go back on monday, but i think they had a good weekend :wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Going to Kent Cornucopia Days to celebrate the granddaughter's 5th birthday. party0003.gif Holy guacamole is she 5 already!?!?! :noway:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Oh yeah and.....

beer.gif

I traded with Ali! :bigsmile:

NUH UH!!!! :angry:

SOMEbody better come relieve me.... I even stopped at Costco and got the Jumbo-sized Lubriderm!

:bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I get my car back, and if I do - totally cruising to the beach with the top down :)
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options

I'm so excited for you! :smile:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    For some reason, every person I've ever known has decided that this is the weekend to come see me. Yikes! I'm going to be really really busy.
  • mrsyac2
    Options

Oh yeah and.....

beer.gif

I have been doing my chores all week but I think my kids have hurricanes attached to their backs because it gets messed up again lol
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Thanks everyone yes it has been a long hard 15 months but this is his 3rd tour in Iraq so the girls and i are pretty much used to him being gone but we are very excited that he is coming home- i havent heard his voice in almost 2 months and his webcam broke so I haven't seen him on the webcam in awhile either but i do get emails and we IM all the time but now that he is heading into Kuwait I probably won't see him or talk to him until Sunday when he gets home i am super excited-- So my weekend will be spent staying busy and trying to keep the house clean which is a task in its self since my kids are crazy lol-- Have a great weekend