Is it considered bad to go over...

Options
Is it considered bad to go over your daily goal for your protein and fiber numbers even though you did not go over your calorie goal?

Replies

• darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    IMO when it comes to protein and fiber, NO. Carbs, eh...sodium--I try not to go over too much but some days are harder than other. Protein and fiber are so good for you though as long as its lean protein :)
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    from what i read when i first started, is that the protein is set pretty low (not too sure about fiber) so i think going over a little on that is fine as long as your cals, fat, etc is on target.
  • mama_mia3
    mama_mia3 Posts: 66
    Options
    NO!! not at all!! but if you were going over by 100 or more that would be a different story! MFP has that goal set kinda low for women...I think only 20 or 25%, but you can go in and manually bump it up to 30% if seeing 'red' in that category bumbs you out. I had to do that. Protein and Fiber are your friends!!
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I never feel bad for going over in those categories and I do regularly. :smile:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't worry about protein and fiber. their protein is low and fiber is a good one to go over :)
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    NO!! not at all!! but if you were going over by 100 or more that would be a different story! MFP has that goal set kinda low for women...I think only 20 or 25%, but you can go in and manually bump it up to 30% if seeing 'red' in that category bumbs you out. I had to do that. Protein and Fiber are your friends!!

How do you change those goals?