A change of plans... hmm

Options
Well I guess I wont be losing the weight I wanted to lose in the next several months... I just took 2 pregnancy tests this evening and both say positive. I'm kind of in shock, but I want to make a Dr appt for Monday to confirm. Its going to be a bit lonely bc my Husband just left for Afghanistan a few weeks ago (he sure left me something to carry around while he's gone though LOL). But instead of feeling like my weight loss journey is at an end I'm going to try and think of it as starting a very very healthy pregnancy. I don't want to gain 58 lbs like I did with my first, but instead only gain the reccomended amount and stay as active and healhty as I can. I've seen several pregnant women at my gym before so I think I'm going to give it my best :)
I'm still going to track my calories and stay active :)

Replies

• sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    well congrats and I know the feeling well on the deployment
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well congratulations and good luck!
    I got pregnant with my second before I had lost the weight from the first. Just before she was born I was almost 200 lbs! Sadly that was 7 years ago and I just got my hiney in gear to get serious about my health. What a fantastic blessing pregnancy is. Keep eating healthy and stay active! :-)
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congrats :)
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    thank you all very much!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Good attitude and congrats!!! How exciting. Have you been able to talk with your hubby?
  • mrsbarraza23
    Options
    Congrats! I know deployments can be very hard on a person. I've been through 2 so far. Be strong and congrats again!
  • LMPRF97
    LMPRF97 Posts: 97
    Options
    Best of luck!:smile:
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks! (:
    This is our 4th deployment but unlike the others he doesn thave access to any phones or computers the whole time so unless he gets to use a satellite phone I wont hear from him. I'm hoping he'll get to use one maybe once a month or so (keeping fingers crossed). I am trying to figure out if I should wait for a phone call and tell him in person that he's gunna be a Daddy again, or if I should send him alittle box/letter with baby stuff in it.. lol