popcorn

nica8605
nica8605 Posts: 31 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Popcorn.. Its a not half bad treat right? Yea if its unsalted and unbuttered.. I went to the movies tonight.. Who doesn't love the popcorn at the movies?!? I know I do.. I really love it buttered and saltly. Well that's what I had tonight.. Horrible of me I know but I couldn't help myself.. And its not like I do it everytime I go to the movies.. It was my guilty pleasure of the week :)

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    popcorn is generally a good thing if it is airpopped but unfortunately the popcorn at the movies is cooked in oil and it is pretty high in calories, but if you can fit it into your calorie count for the day go for it and ENJOY
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    That tub of movie theater popcorn is only about 3000 calories
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    I am so addicted to popcorn. Love love love it. I have a Cuisinart Popcorn maker that uses only 1 tbsp of oil per 1/2 cup of kernels so a big bowl is only 140 calories. I try to avoid the butter ( since I will never keep it under control) so usually I add hot sauce to it which has no calories or I will sprinkle some light cheese on it if there is enough calories left in the day :)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    its relatively low calorie for the volume, and i hear its a mood booster..but i think its because it has carbs or something. when i was 'cutting' i'd snack on that at work. heck i even ate the butter lovers kind. heh
  • LP4me
    LP4me Posts: 27
    i figure if i don't let myself have some things that are "bad" every once in a while, then eventually i will just overindulge excessively and the results could be much more devastating. (like possibly giving up trying to lose weight)

Tomorrow eat healthy and workout extra long. just don't give up on the daily effort becuz you wanted to have one special treat. Keep in check and remember it is okay once in a while.:flowerforyou:
  • nica8605
    nica8605 Posts: 31 Member
    That tub of movie theater popcorn is only about 3000 calories

Luckly I only had the small bag :)
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    I do the 100 micro packs. I do put a spray of butter flavored pam on it. I have it 5 days a week right after work.
This discussion has been closed.