Heart Rate Monitor calories burned

Options
I finally got a heart rate monitor. I am confused! I eat 1200-1400 cal per day and tons of water. My HRM says I burned 443 calories for a 45 min workout I do on most days. I have been wearing my HRM all day and it says the total burned for today was right under 3500 calories. I understand my BMR is around 1452 and I am an active person. My question is ~ am I eating to few calories for this type of calorie burning?

Replies

• jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    Most HRMs are only somewhat accurate when you heart rate is elevated.They are not at all accurate during normal non heart pumping activities. So only use them during workouts.
  • Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    Options
    Same confusion here.
    3 weeks ago, I wore my HRM for 12 hours. It said that I burned about 2300 calories. All I did was eat, drink, and watch sports. I kinda remember ingesting about 4000 calories that day, and I gained 4 pounds.
  • Wendy72
    Wendy72 Posts: 23
    Options
    I will start to wear it only during workouts then because I am worried about eating too much. Thanks for the advice, i appreciate it
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Most HRMs are only somewhat accurate when you heart rate is elevated.They are not at all accurate during normal non heart pumping activities. So only use them during workouts.

that's exactly what I was going to say... don't wear it all day long.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options

that's exactly what I was going to say... don't wear it all day long.