I am glad I logged in....

Options
dcberg00
dcberg00 Posts: 33 Member
Last week, I posted that I was coming here to be support for my wife as she entered her weight loss journey. I am SOOOO glad I did. I am a teacher and I talk to my students everyday about being accountable for what they do. This site has made me see that I was not being accountable for myself. When I joined with my wife, I thought it would be a burden to log in every day and track my food and exercise. I could not have been more WRONG! Logging in everyday has not only kicked start my wife's weight loss, I have lost 3lbs as well and have not missed a day of working out. Being accountable for taking care of myself has made the journey enjoyable.

THANK YOU MFP!!!!

If you want to join in this our journey, please add me as a friend. I have learned that YOU ALL are a key to the success as well. The support I have gotten from the people on the site helps keep me accountable and the way I see it, the more the merrier!!

Replies

• Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    Very cool!!!!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome, fellow teacher! Just like our students have those moments when it "clicks" and what they are trying to learn finally makes sense, it was such a great feeling for me when being healthy finally "clicked" and made so much sense to me.

I wish much success to you in your journey!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic and nice to see a post like this! What a wonderful journey you will both have, together, and what a valuable lesson that you have learned. If you can not be accountable to yourself, through this process, it is going to be a hard fought journey. Being accountable to yourself is something I talk about to my friends list all of the time. If you can do it for yourself how can you expect anyone else to? Way to go and good luck to you both.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    MFP is the best! I get so much out of this site. Giving and receiving support has been making my journey thus far a delight, not a chore. And the accountability that it instills in me has made me be true to myself!
    001971 Posts: 22
    Options
    I hear you! I am a teacher as well.
    Accountability and positive reinforcement go a long way
    :smile: