Looking for new adventures! Ideas anyone?

Options
I am absolutely having a blast with all the different adventure ideas I am finding online here, and googling to do with my family to keep active. YEY!!! Anyone have different activities they are doing with their families to share?

I went to our local visitor's center and found something GREAT for my family to do this weekend!!! I am planning a family canoe trip for Saturday!!! YEY!!! This is an 11 mile trip. It will cost $21 each for my husband and I, and my 10 year old and 5 year old will be free. The grandma at the visitor's center told me she took her grandchildren this past weekend and had a great time. The water is crystal clear, white sugar sand with several places to stop and play along the way. Oh...and the river is 3 feet deep! So it should be a fun, easy trip...I hope!!! :tongue: Anyway, I just wanted to share my idea and looking for other new ones to put in my notes. I can't wait!

186557338_437dd2ae50.jpg

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely having a blast with all the different adventure ideas I am finding online here, and googling to do with my family to keep active. YEY!!! Anyone have different activities they are doing with their families to share?

I went to our local visitor's center and found something GREAT for my family to do this weekend!!! I am planning a family canoe trip for Saturday!!! YEY!!! This is an 11 mile trip. It will cost $21 each for my husband and I, and my 10 year old and 5 year old will be free. The grandma at the visitor's center told me she took her grandchildren this past weekend and had a great time. The water is crystal clear, white sugar sand with several places to stop and play along the way. Oh...and the river is 3 feet deep! So it should be a fun, easy trip...I hope!!! :tongue: Anyway, I just wanted to share my idea and looking for other new ones to put in my notes. I can't wait!

186557338_437dd2ae50.jpg
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Sounds like so much fun!

We're taking the girls to Seabreeze (amusement park) in a few minutes. Not very active but fun.

We've been hiking a lot this Summer so that's one thing we've dived into.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • lcampbe2
    lcampbe2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Berry Picking!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    That is to much fun!! I wish there was stuff like that around where I live!!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    we have been wake boarding alot and surfing behind the ski boat. It has been a blast. A very good workout for your arms and back and obliques, well its a total body workout!!!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hey Princess

I am going to the Keys for a week with our boat and the fam and hopefully we will
    catch dinner every night...snapper, dolphin, or grouper.

Anyway...for the last few summers we took our boat and went scalloping up by the Pan Handle on the Gulf. The kids LOVE this activity because they snorkel by your side and find the scallops sitting in shallow water on the sea grass.

Think of an underwater Easter Egg Hunt that you can cook and eat that night.
    We bring our boat and go for 3-4 days and absolutely LOVE IT!

This year we had to do something different so....the FL Keys it is.

If you have never done this...it is soooo much fun and the season is on now!

Gettin ready to "waste away in Margaritaville" :drinker: ...oh yeah thats Key West :tongue: ...
    I'm gonna be wastin away in Taverneer!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Hey Princess

I am going to the Keys for a week with our boat and the fam and hopefully we will
    catch dinner every night...snapper, dolphin, or grouper.

Anyway...for the last few summers we took our boat and went scalloping up by the Pan Handle on the Gulf. The kids LOVE this activity because they snorkel by your side and find the scallops sitting in shallow water on the sea grass.

Think of an underwater Easter Egg Hunt that you can cook and eat that night.
    We bring our boat and go for 3-4 days and absolutely LOVE IT!

This year we had to do something different so....the FL Keys it is.

If you have never done this...it is soooo much fun and the season is on now!

Gettin ready to "waste away in Margaritaville" :drinker: ...oh yeah thats Key West :tongue: ...
    I'm gonna be wastin away in Taverneer!

~Mi

Oh my goodness!!! I am loving all these ideas! YEY!!!

So where do you do the scalloping at??? I will SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo do that! WHERE??? YEY!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    We trailored the boat and kept it outside our room at a marina in Steinhatchee FL.
    I know they were gonna tear it down and put a luxury condo there...you could prob search that area though for cabins along the inlet that go to the GULF. I know there was a place upstream of the marina that had many rustic cabins by the canal that goes out to the gulf.

The place we stayed at had a motel and little log cabins with kitchens to cook our catch.
    We also brought other stuff to cook or just ate out at the Marina eatery (very basic...hotdogs, hamburgers).

If you go...know it is very laid back and that it is like OLD FL with nothing to do unless you bring it to entertain yourself. For my family it was great...there was a TV...but days were spent together in the fresh air.

I will be back there next year...it is addicting!

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    That looks like fun! We'll be going to explore the caves and take advantage of some hiking trails, and I just found this new place that looks kinda cool. It's this farmers field and instead of corn mazes he's planted all these different mazes and labrynths from all sorts of trees. They also have treeforts and a splash pad.
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That sounds like soo much fun!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I love all these new ideas! :drinker:

I'm bumping this up because I really would love to see others add family fun ideas to keep active. I have 8 weeks left to fill with fun and adventure! Anyone else? :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Surely if we can do 300 + posts on a new name for sex, some of us HAVE to have family ideas to share! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: