Do You... ?

heather7marie
heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Do you workout at the same time everyday? If so, when? Or do you workout whenever you get motivated throughout the day? Do you just get in one long, intense workout or do you workout multiple times per day?

Lots of questions! haha

I have been trying to motivate myself to workout in the mornings, but it's not working. I generally have a short workout sometime in the afternoon or early evening with a more intense workout later at night. Some people say that you shouldn't workout late at night because it 'wakes' you up. I've found that it actually wears me out and makes it easier for me to sleep. I have a bit of insomnia, so it's marvelous that working out at night is helping.

Replies

• kmunis
    kmunis Posts: 48 Member
    I do 20 minutes of yoga almost every morning. Its not too intense but it helps get me going for the day. I'm not a morning motivation person either, but its gotten to be a routine so I've been able to stick with it. I also have two night I'm usually at the gym (the nights I take my sone to the Y for karate so that's my "motivation"). My gym nights end about 8 and I'm ok going to sleep afterwards. Lastly I try to do something fun but exercise-y with the kids on the weekends to round things off.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    I have a child and it's really just easiest for me to work out in the morning, before he wakes up. I also feel better for the rest of the day if I do it that way. I'm a "morning person", though.
    Debbie
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    I exercise at different times of day depending on when I can get to the gym or if I can't if I"m doing a DVD or the bike at home. Sometimes it is right before bedtime because I have managed to put off exercising all day :wink:
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    me and the kiddos usually head out to the gym m-f anywhere between 9-11
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I'm trying to get back into running and it is still cold here! So I try to go in the midafternoon, when it's at least above 40, but sometimes, like yesterday, I go in the morning because it was already above 40.

Once I'm running consistently (instead of runng/walking/running/walking) I'll just pick a time and stick to it. Right now, I get too chilled because I'm not maintaining a consistent pace yet.
  • Bryce58
    Bryce58 Posts: 46 Member
    I am newish to MFP, and like you, am having to make adjustments in my life. My approach to making changes is to think looooong term; I am asking myself how I can make permanent changes in lifestyle that will last indefinitely into my future. After all, MFPers often say that this is not a quick fix' rather it's a lifestyle change.
    To respond to your question, I suggest that you think in these terms; what changes can I live with long term?
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    I go to the gym M-F right after work (around 3:30) and always work out for close to an hour. Occasionally I'll do some things at home, usually Ab ripper X.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    I get up very early but I do not like to exercise in the morning. I usually go sometime between 6-8p.m. and I have no trouble sleeping. I tried exercising in the morning but found that I did not want to put in as much time as I like to in the evenings.
This discussion has been closed.