Packed Lunch Ideas

Options
Cella30
Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
I am getting bored of my usual lunch and need some fresh ideas. Do you have any good packed lunch ideas or recipes you can share?

Thank you!

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Bumping this. I go back to work next week and am interested in seeing replies.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    not sure what you are eating right now. but some days I will pack a turkey sandwich (no cheese) on whole grain bread with mustard and add spinach leaves instead of lettuce. and I eat Pop Chips with it. (I learned about Pop Chips from Jillian on the Biggest Loser and they are soooo good).

and then some days I eat an all natural Peanut Butter sandwich on whole grain bread and instead of jelly I put Splenda Brown Sugar on it and eat that with whole grain cheez-its on the side.
    Peanut Butter and Brown Sugar sandwiches are delicious!!!!!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    not sure what you are eating right now. but some days I will pack a turkey sandwich (no cheese) on whole grain bread with mustard and add spinach leaves instead of lettuce. and I eat Pop Chips with eat. (I learned about Pop Chips from Jillian on the Biggest Loser and they are soooo good).

and then some days I eat an all natural Peanut Butter sandwich on whole grain bread and instead of jelly I put Splenda Brown Sugar on it and eat that with whole grain cheez-its on the side.
    Peanut Butter and Brown Sugar sandwiches are delicious!!!!!

Thanks meakin! Currently I'm making turkey sammies on whole wheat tortilla wraps with guac, snow peas, alfalfa sprouts and tomatoes w/ a side of pop chips. (I'm hooked on those!). While I *love* this combo, I'm getting kind of burnt out...
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I understand. That is about all I eat. I just alternate. LOL. On occasion I will make a spinach salad with walnuts, roasted chicken, and dried cranberries and add Golding Farms Fat Free Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Dressing.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have tried these prepacked salads.

Grilled Chicken & Veggie Salad
    - 4-6 oz grilled chicken breast
    - Baby spinach
    - Red leaf lettuce
    - Sliced bell peppers (assorted colors)
    - Shredded Parmesan cheese
    - Light Caesar dressing
    - 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Cranberry Walnut Salad
    - 4-6 oz grilled chicken breast
    - Baby spinach
    - Red leaf lettuce
    - Dried cranberries
    - Chopped walnuts
    - Feta cheese
    - Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette dressing
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I need to start taking lunches to Uni with me. I always take something to work but I don't get up in time on uni days so I end up buying potato wedges or noodles which probably aren't that amazing!! The salads are stupidly expensive though and there is so little choice! I end up eating grated carrots, boiled eggs and cucumber basically!!

I'm going shopping soon and going to get some leafy things, some more chicken, which I'll bake tonight and keep in the fridge/freezer, cherry tomatoes, more peppers.. But I get bored so easily.
    Maybe some pitta bread.. Boil some eggs..
    You can throw just about anything in a salad I suppose.
  • dwallace27
    Options
    I pack my own lunch every day for work so I'm a pro. First buy some pyrex containers..they are the best for storing meals. I usually cook a pot of soup, beans, pasta/spaghetti or anything substantial that can serve as a meal and maybe a small salad..then I cut up different fruits and make a large fruit salad that i can put in a container and go. I'll also pack string cheese and yogurt for snacks. Sandwiches are good too but try to avoid too many processed foods like crackers and chips. Just be creative. You can pack just about anyting if you have the right storage containers:) hope this helps!
  • ChickPea89
    ChickPea89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you like chick peas, you may like this Chick pea and pepper salad

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/1198/chickpea-and-pepper-salad.aspx
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I make a pot of soup for the week a lot, too. I also pack left-overs from dinner.

Chicken, mushroom and onion quesadillas are good (of course they're not as crispy at lunchtime as they are right when you make them, but they're still good.)

Taco or chicken salads are good.

All kinds of sandwiches!! Whole wheat english muffin, laughing cow cheese, tomato, spring mix lettuce and italian seasonings sprinkled on top is my current favorite!
  • alheimurinn
    alheimurinn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love carrot sticks dipped in hummus as a snack/side to a lunch!