Brides on a Mission: Week 11

Options
124»

Replies

• JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options

JulieSue – Having someone steal your identity is super scary! Especially when you consider they can run up bills on you and completely ruin your credit score. I hope things get worked out on this soon. I’m nervous for you!

YES thanks!!! I am nervous for myself!!! UGH!!!!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    @agoessli sorry this is so big.....

heres a pic of my dress....mydress-2.jpg

and shoes...IMAGE_102.jpg
  • JulieSue
    Options
    I thought I'd share pics of my wedding dress to try and cheer me up!! I apologize for the look on my face! I think I was crying when my mother took the picture.

And that's my actual veil. Hopefully it will look even better after I've lost some more weight!! I still need to figure out shoes, but I love my dress. There's cap sleeves I can wear with it, and it looks a lot better with those.

I always have to laugh because I got my dress in October. Well, I tried dresses on in March of last year....tried this one on and HATED it....and then....7 months later... I love it! So funny. :-)

dress is gorgeous!!! :)) congrats!!! I wish i knew how to post pictures of dresses becuz mine isnt on line anywhere!!!! :))
  • JulieSue
    Options
    @ Kalebsmomma!!! GOrGEOUS!!! love it!!! and the shoes!!!
  • JulieSue
    Options

Let's see that dress!!! Give us a link if its posted online somewhere :-)

I'm a wedding dress fanatic!

And good luck with your interview! Remember... believe it achieve it! Envision yourself in that job and you will get it!
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

beautiful!!! :)) love it!! cant wait to see pictures of u in it!!

I wish there was a better way to share pictures...actually this way isnt bad...I just need to learn how to do it?? soo HELP me someone!!!!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    thanks @ JulieSue ... =)
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 11
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: No loss this week. I'm floating on a gain but I haven't logged it in yet as I'm not sure if it will discourage me. My weight usually fluctuates anyway
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): nothing much
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Getting off track. I overate at dinner last Friday night and it was downhill from there. I have been "off track" since then but still logging faithfully. It disgusts me to see how over I have been but I still also feel like I'm in it since I haven't walked away from logging. I met with my old trainer last Saturday and she reminded me that though i weigh more I am still strong and able to do great things in the gym not everyone can do.
    4. Give a re-cap of your wedding (style/theme, location, amount of people, what you are most looking forward to): n/a
    5. Any wedding news updates: n/a
    6. State a negative thought, and then change it into a positive thought: Ugh I feel gross and I feel fat - Though I weigh moe than I would like to I am working hard to change that. I will reach my goal!
    7. What is your plan to stop change the negative into positive:
    8. How did you do with the week 10 challenge (if you didn’t post a fav recipe post one now!): Good I posted :) I need to look back through and get some ideas for the coming week.
    9. Weekly wrap up: This week was a wierd one honestly. Like i said before I got off track last Friday night and just messed it allup after that. I was aprehensive about my boyfriend going out of town and kinda sad while he was gone. Then I had plans out to eat everynight he was gone, and though I knw full well i could stay under on calories I didn't . I made a conscious choice to mess it up. I had thought about not logging it but I realized that how do i learn from something if i ignore it. As my weight fluctuates because of these missteps it helps to KNOW what I was doing during this time. I'm getting back on track and think tommorow will probably be my first GREAT day since last Thursday. Today shouldn't bee too bad especialyl if i get a work out in. Plus I didn't work out all week. I have noticed a difference in the difficulty of the stairs without my normal workouts. Good to understand how that affects me. Clearly my workouts give me strength. This next week will be better! I will keep you posted!
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Weigh in tomorrow! :)
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Tried on my wedding dress after losing 8lbs and it looks like it is getting a little big in the boob area!! :)
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Nope
    4. Give a re-cap of your wedding (style/theme, location, amount of people, what you are most looking forward to): My wedding theme is Fall..very casual but elegant, on a golf course, 150 or so people and spending the special day with family and friends!! :)
    5. Any wedding news updates: Not really
    6. State a negative thought, and then change it into a positive thought: Man, I hate my arms...but they have gotten a lot less flabby!
    7. What is your plan to stop change the negative into positive: To always keep reminding myself that I am doing the best I can do!
    9. Weekly wrap up: I hope everyone has a great week! You all are doing so great and I am so happy to say that I am apart of this wonderful board!! :)
  • NicolioRussell
    Options

Let's see that dress!!! Give us a link if its posted online somewhere :-)

I'm a wedding dress fanatic!

And good luck with your interview! Remember... believe it achieve it! Envision yourself in that job and you will get it!
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Oh my gosh! Those disney wedding dresses are FANTASTIC. I want the Belle one!! SOOOO pretty. Somewhat jealous now! :-P
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    lilRicki – Did you receive the results of your cervical biopsies? I’m keeping you in my thoughts and praying that everything turns out okay for you. No one needs health stresses when they’re trying to plan one of the happiest days of their lives.

Shannon

Today's the day I should be getting a phone call...if not, then Monday I call...my fiance will be home Tuesday, maybe I should wait until then lol
  • redruthie
    redruthie Posts: 77
    Options

Have you been to Harry Potter world? I went there last summer. It was awesome! I did think it was a little small though. But you burn a ton of cal getting there because it is at the very back of the park!

No I haven't been! I want to go soooo bad! I am a Harry Potter junkie! I lllooovvee the books and (most of) the movies! I heard from a co-worker the same thing - that it felt a bit small. I can't wait to go but it probably won't be for another year at least... can't complain though... the reason would be we have no PTO remaining but that's because we'll be in Hawaii for 10 days following our wedding :-)

I love Harry Potter! Harry Potter world is officially on my "to-do" list after our wedding.
    @gainskb- That's great about being in Hawaii following your wedding. Which island will you be visiting.
    For my wedding, we will be getting married on Oahu and our honeymoon will be on Kauai! I can't wait!

We're going to Oahu! I get mixed reactions from people when I tell them that because traditionally people think of honeymoon's as all romance and beaches (and so we keep hearing you should have picked Maui). My fiance and I are not that kind of people though and I'm all about doing the tourist stuff and Oahu has Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head and the North Shore. And it really just isn't in our budget to do multiple islands. Plus we didn't want to have to spend a full day traveling between islands. I hate traveling.

That's awesome that you're getting married there!! It will be absolutely beautiful! Have you ever been before? This will be my first time!

I have been to Oahu once before in 2006 and I loved it. My fiance and I visited Maui, Big Island and Oahu and to be honest, Oahu was my favorite island. The surfing is excellent on North Shore, then there's a perfect snorkeling spot at Hanauma Bay, there's Kualoa Ranch where a lot of the TV show LOST was filmed at. I love LOST, so we had a blast at Secret Island and hiking some of the trails at the Koolau mountains. You will love it. We also did Pearl Harbor and Diamond Head, there's lots to do and not boiring at all! I'm excited for us. YAY!
  • redruthie
    Options
    I got a job!!

I'll be the lead teacher for the toddler room at the Primrose school. :-)

I get to play with puppets and dance everyday!!

Yay full time job!

That's great, CONGRATS to you! :happy:

There's two possible dresses that I have in mind at the moment. It's a beach wedding, so I'm thinking a short, not so heavy dress...

chiffon-strapless-mini-skirt-hot-sell-beach-bridal-dress-wh-0047.jpg

or

vn6619f.jpg
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Sooo pretty! I love your dress AND your shoes! You look really great!
    @agoessli sorry this is so big.....

heres a pic of my dress....mydress-2.jpg

and shoes...IMAGE_102.jpg
  • redruthie
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I didn't lose lbs. this week. Grr.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I turned 30! I had so many birthday dinners which is probably why I didn't lose weight this week. Oh well!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Good week!

4. Give a re-cap of your wedding (style/theme, location, amount of people, what you are most looking forward to): Looking forward to marrying my best friend!

5. Any wedding news updates: None this week

6. State a negative thought, and then change it into a positive thought: I wish I was thinner, but at least I'm doing something to make that happen!

7. What is your plan to stop change the negative into positive: I am already a positive person, so this isn't something that is difficult for me. I stop that negative thinking before it starts and create a positive energy as opposed to a negative energy created by negative thinking.

8. How did you do with the week 10 challenge (if you didn’t post a fav recipe post one now!):
    My fiance and I have a weak spot for Mc Donald's Mc Rib Sandwich. I found an alternative to Mc Donald's Mc Rib on Hungry Girl and it tastes great!
    Ingredients:
    1 Morningstar Farms Hickory BBQ Riblet (found in the freezer aisle)
    1 Arnold Select/Oroweat Sandwich Thins roll or Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats roll (or alternative)
    3 hamburger dill pickle chips
    3 thin slices onion

Directions:
    Prepare Riblet according to package directions. Meanwhile, split roll in half and lightly toast.

Stackles, and onion on the bottom half of the roll. Finish it off with the top half. Now chew!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 sandwich
    Calories: 335
    Fat: 4.5g
    Sodium: 1,299mg
    Carbs: 60.5g
    Fiber: 10.5g
    Sugars: 28g
    Protein: 22g

9. Weekly wrap up: I turned 30 and am super excited that I am doing things to be healthy forever and staying positive!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    oops missed this week!