weigh in question

Options
How many times on your weigh in day do you step on and off and back on the scale to see if it reads different the 2nd (or third) time? I do it at least 4 :noway:
curious.........

Replies

• strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    i do a three time check if i am weighing in at home... but only once at gym (don't want to look completely crazy)...lolol
  • BigDaddie79
    Options
    LOL...Same here!!
  • dulcericanbaby
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times a day if im home every day. Its an obsession for me that i try to not do but can't help it!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Once, unless there isn't a loss and then I might wait and hour and try again. :bigsmile:
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I do twice. The first time always is an error after i get off the scale.
  • jaydemikaela
    jaydemikaela Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah but that's because I swear our scales are dodgy. Me and my Mum were weighing ourselves last week and it gave us a few different weights.
  • allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    haha..atleast 3-4!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    once. before my shower 1st thing in the am on weigh day.
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 1 time a week & that is it. I weigh myself on Saturday morning right after I get up & go pee. I also take the 1st reading it gives me. :)
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'll do it twice, and if i like, left socks on or my bra on for the first one, I take them off to see if that made a difference.
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I definitely do multiple checks... it's an obsession :/
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    if the second time is the same, no need for a third. If it's different I'll check a third time. But don't just take the lowest, it could have been the wrong one, take the average if they're different.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Sometimes 3. Depends on the scale. Other morning got on and it gave a reading and as I was looking down at it, it changed to a different weight. I got off and gave it a minute to reset, got back on and it gave a different reading. So did it again and it said the second number again. I really need to get a better scale!!! Granted I lost this time around but.......How do I know if it is truly right?

I ran to the box of too small jeans and grabbed a pair....Yup I lost!!!!! They are on and zipped up comfortably:bigsmile:
  • addlice36
    addlice36 Posts: 32
    Options
    I also do it 3 times @ home going with the 2 #'s that are the same. I get upset some times because I like my 1st weigh in sometimes better then the other 2 lol. Not sure why it showing something different the 1st time so I just pick my last two because they match.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    How many times on your weigh in day do you step on and off and back on the scale to see if it reads different the 2nd (or third) time? I do it at least 4 :noway:
    curious.........

Twice a day, but if I go on long runs, I weigh myself immediately after the run, so I know how much I need to hydrate.
  • Mo120
    Mo120 Posts: 20
    Options
    Yup, once a week for me too. But for me it's on Monday mornings, and I only do it once. I use to weigh myself every morning, but it turned into an obsession and sometimes a disappointment! Now that I weigh myself once a week, there is a much greater chance that the number will be lower than the last one :-) Works for me!
  • LYNCARR
    LYNCARR Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day (but only register it on the site once a week), and that's normally it. (If I had an electronic scale that registered "error" like one of the posters, yes, I'd re-weigh.)

But the point is, for you obsessive folks -- IT'S JUST A NUMBER. It's not an evaluation of your worth as a human being. If I'm up half a pound, it doesn't ruin my day. If I'm down half a pound, I don't run out and buy a Cinnabon.

Everyone approaches dieting differently. Personally, I'm working on maintaining last fall's 23-pound loss. I have about a 5-pound window that I allow myself, and if I go over the top number in that window, then I start restricting calories for a week. Usually I'm back in "the zone" after a day or two, but I continue to count and restrict for a week -- that buys me a little more wriggle room.

So, by all means, weigh yourself regularly, but if you can approach it as a piece of information rather than a comment on who you are, it's much healthier.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    yep...two or three times. there is a certain spot on my scale i try to step on..becuase if i step up just a bit..its usually less...so i always step up there..just to see.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    3x and maybe one for luck if the reading is different. I always take the lowest. if there is a difference, but 9/10 times its the second reading that sticks. :bigsmile:
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If the first result isn't what I'm hoping for I move the scales to a different part of the floor and weigh again!