Girls Only!

Hi ladies!

I've been using this site for several months now and one thing I've noticed is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to stick to my calories during one week every month...I think you know what I am talking about, girls.
That ONE week when I just feel like eating everything!

Does this happen to any of you during your "special time"

How do you deal with it?

Is there a biological explanation for my starvation...??? I mean I feel fine the rest of the time, eating the proper amount of calories normally, but last night I went to bed hungry!

:-D

Replies

• delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Hi ladies!

I've been using this site for several months now and one thing I've noticed is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to stick to my calories during one week every month...I think you know what I am talking about, girls.
    That ONE week when I just feel like eating everything!

Does this happen to any of you during your "special time"

How do you deal with it?

Is there a biological explanation for my starvation...??? I mean I feel fine the rest of the time, eating the proper amount of calories normally, but last night I went to bed hungry!

:-D
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    I try and drink extra water and I almost always have some dark chocolate on my worst day! Other than that I just try and stay busy. I posted a thread a LONG time ago with foods to help. I'll see if I can find it and bump it up!

~Kristin
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

It didn't really bother me until I lost weight....weird because for a few months I did really well
    The past 3 days I have been fighting the urge soooooo badly to over-eat and BAM.....that makes sense
    I am just trying to stay as busy as possible and I hit the treadmill for an extra 20minutes

Kim
  • kistinbee
    I bumped it delpha2! It's Happy Meals (For Women). Maybe it will help!
  • delpha2
    Yeah...thanks, I'll check out the happy meals. The water thing adds insult to injury sometimes because I live in Turkey and people DON'T use tampons here. I find myself in the restroom more often as it is...I suppose I could be taking care of my full bladder as well :grumble:

But what I am dying to know is...is there a explanation for this? Why do I feel hungrier...it's the same for me every month and it always has been. It's not just chocolate or sweets, I actually want to eat more. Is my period a secret calorie burning process I didn't know about...(*sigh*...only a dream...I know it's not)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Honey, no clue if there is a scientific explanation, but I was just complaining to my girlfriends today about how I am have a bottomless stomach during the week before my period! I eat like a horse and NEVER feel full! You are not alone!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    it's hormonal....the cravings and the hunger, just like the irritability and bloating....just like how your body changes during pregnancy. All very normal......
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    I'm with you! I try to make sure I have some of those really low cal snacks around so that I can fight the urge to go crazy and not gain weight. I almost never lose lbs during that week, so depressing.:tongue:
  • kistinbee
    I also eat lots of popcorn to take care of my salty craving!
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    me and my friends always say that we're always so hungry because our bodies are working so much harder to "get everything out"... sounds gross; but we make it our excuse! haha
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    i drink a ton of water and clear my fridg of all things high calorie/fat BEFORE my crazy cravings hit.
  • I always feel SO hungry before and during my period. I normally crave things like bread and meat though, not so much sweets(though sweets are always a pitfall for me, so maybe I just don't notice).
  • GonnaDoIt
    GonnaDoIt Posts: 36 Member
    I am having the very same issue right now. I have a bag of Doritos in front of me while I am typing this. It is unopened and I want it so bad........I am not hungry in my belly, just in my body. I hope I dont get weak and eat this bag!!!!!

60180.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    It's a few days before I start for me. I want everything I can get my hands on. During I'm fine.:happy:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    thats me too, the week before...

sometimes i really just cant stop myself. Last week i was bad and didnt log anything during it...bc i knew i would depress myself more than help myself!
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    I just read up on this because I was freaking out over the same thing a couple weeks ago.

Apparently, the week or so before your body will start retaining water. You might see the scale go up a few pounds. During your actual period, you will want to eat more, but your body will also burn more! In fact, your metabolism is slightly elevated AND the exercise you do during your period will actually go farther than the exercise you do the other 3 weeks of the month. In fact, the day after mine ended this month, I ended up losing weight!

Hope this helps!
  • delpha2
    klikittyklak, you're my hero! uhhh....heroin!

I knew it was some cool magical reved up metabolism thingy! No I have a real reason to pull myself up out of bed on those "bad days" and go for a walk! I'll never let it be an excuse again!!
  • i was looking for something along the lines of this subject. i am almost finished with my first week since joining and i had planned my weigh in day for tomorrow. yeah, until i started today that is. :explode: i'm seriously thinking about not getting near my scale until i'm done. i crave salty stuff mostly, sometimes it is chocolate instead. i'm going to try to be all "to heck with you womanly cravings" this week lol!

i'm just disappointed cuz i was really looking forward to getting on the scale and seeing if i'd made any progress.
  • About what time durring a woman's cycle would she begin to retain water?

I weighed myself today and I'm up a pound from last week. I'll admit I didn't do great on my diet last week, and I can see not losing any weight, but I find it hard to believe I ate enough to gain a pound. I'm also about a week away from my period. Is this probably just water weight?
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    OMG FRITOS!

lol. I have a sick obsession with Fritos and Salsa Con Queso at this certain time...... :laugh:

hmmm.... now I might have to go have some Fritos. mmmmmmmmm.