what is your recipe?

Options
hi mfp im trying to find a new way to make boneless skinless chicken breast but in a healthy way. i want to know your way of mking it wit ingredients that every house hold has in there fridge and or in there cupboards please let me know and add if you like=)

Replies

• hairjunkie
    hairjunkie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just marinate it in some light italian dressing for a few hours and then cook it in a skillet.. cheap, easy, and delicious!
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    It's great in the crock pot with potatoes quartered and covered with light Italian dressing. You can also add onion, green peppers, just what ever veggies you like. Every thing picks up the flavor from the dressing and is so good.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    i grill mine & last nite i topped it with mushrooms & fresh spinach which i sauteed. i topped it with a little part skim shredded mozzarella. it was yummy
    i always have cold grilled chix in the fridge, i use different seasonings, sometimes i brush it lightly with a little italian dressing, sometimes a little bbq saue, cajun...whatever u like
    if you gill it & top it with a little marinara & low fat mozzarella u can have a lower cal version of chix parmiagiana
    i use the cold chix with lots of fresh veggies & lettuce & a little low fat dressing in a wrap
    anything stir fry is good
  • flashy1
    flashy1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I marinate it in soy sauce, lemon juice pepper, and garlic, then serve with some brown rice and frozen mixed veggies. Birdseye has a few different kinds of stir fry mixes.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Brush lightly with olive oil, coat with salt-free herbs (I like to use Mrs Dash or Spike) and pepper (I favor cayenne) and bake on a rack in pan @ 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until done. I use the toaster oven.
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    low sodium salsa and low sodium n fat cheese = bake in the oven...delicous
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    You can lightly bread it with bisquick ( I use heart healthy version) bake on a pan srayed with pam. I cut mine into strips some times for home made healthy chicken strips. My son who's a picky eater even loves it.
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    bump
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Dip it in milk or egg then roll in seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, then bake. Or filet the breast and marinade for a bit and grill. Mix a packet of DRY ranch dressing with a couple Tbs of flour and roll the chicken in that and bake. Bake it plain and use it in other things. I always have plain baked chicken breasts to use in sandwiches, salads, hot dishes and nibbling.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Pan cooked then shredded and mixed with homemade taco seasoning. Heat corn tortillas in the pan. Shred the chicken add Plain non fat greek yogurt as sour cream, add your low fat cheese if you like, diced tomatoes, cilantro, grilled onions and peppers. My favorite they taste like tacos :)
  • armygurl92
    Options
    thank you everyone for your ideas they all sound delicous=)
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You can dip it in egg white, or egg beaters, then panko breadcrumbs. put in a skillet with some evoo and cook.
    Also, you can put it in the crockpot with some fire roasted tomatoes, italian dressing ,mushrooms and then mix it with some whole wheat pasta.
    My favorite though is just putting it in various marinades (low sodium soy sauce and honey, or fat free french dressing, or italina dressing, etc...) and then putting it on my George Forman Grill. Serve with a salad or some brown rice.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I make fried chicken, but healthy fried chicken. I use Pam or Olive Oil in a pan and place the chicken in the pan frozen. I then sprinkle with low fat Parmesan cheese and continue sprinkling as I turn the chicken so that it is coated with cheese. When the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is brown, you have fried chicken that my husband swears is his grandmothers southern fried chicken. But it is actually low fat with the majority of the fat coming from the heart healthy olive oil. It was actually funny when his doctor asked him what he was eating that was lowering his cholesterol levels and he said fried chicken. I had to explain to the doctor how I make it because he thought my husband was pulling his leg.