Am I the only one??????????

Options
Who chugs water down as if its medicine just to get it down???????????

I fill 4-5 16oz bottles with water at the beginning of the day, and i chug it, at various times like im taking medicine. i really HATE water, and those flavored things are even worse lol, I cant do anything with artificial sugar, blech!

I can manage it with a meal with ice and a straw but thats only twice a day.

But I know I need to, and it helps with my weight loss, and I am doing it....................., but no one said I had to like it! LOL!

Replies

• cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    have you tried adding a little lemon or lime juice to it? it helps me alot:wink:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hello ....it was hard for me at first. I felt like I was drowning drinking it lol but now it has become habit and I crave it. Love it with lemon but it's great with almost any kind of fruit or a splash of cranberry. Just keep drinking it and it will become a good habit:) Good luck, the benefits of drinking your water is so worth it:)
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    A slice of cucumber does wonders when I'm just not feeling plain water.
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I have a hard time with it in the wintertime. In the summertime though I can't get enough. I love it.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    nope :)
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I didnt like it at first unless I was very hot and it was very cold but I have now gotten use to it. I love water. As with anything it takes time. I hate the water with flavor in it. So I drink plain. I do crave it. Stick to it and before you know it you will be drinking it without saying yuck LOL
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    A slice of cucumber does wonders when I'm just not feeling plain water.

Wow!never thought of this!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same. But I started making homemade mint water (1 bunch of mint, gallon of filtered water—keep topping it off until the flavor disappears or the mint starts to go brown). Exercise helps, because I’m always thirsty when I’m done and often need a few sips while I’m going (especially during cardio). But, as a lifelong sweet drink lover, water is…just not exciting. But I have found that it’s easier to drink now that I’ve cut out 90% of the sweetened beverages I was drinking.
  • cherrylime
    cherrylime Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My trainer says I should add lime or orange slices to it... I do- and it makes it interesting enough to be a drink, but I'M WITH YOU!

I totally make myself chug it. And I've heard that it's better for your system to slowly drink 8 glasses throughout the day, and I'm thinking "umm no thanks, i'm not that thirsty"

Good job doing it! I need to get back into that :)
  • cherrylime
    cherrylime Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ooooh mint water!!! fun!!!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I agree with lemons!
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    how about CUCUMBER..... and a few sprigs of mint :)
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    nope, i LOVE water. a lot.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! The only time I ever want to drink water willingly is during and after I exercise, otherwise I have a very hard time drinking it! I drink a ton of Classic Orange crystal light, better than the soda I was drinking I believe! I'm trying though not always easy.
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I used to put peppermint in it for my daughter when she was little. She loved it.
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I drink sparkling water alot. La Crox in a can makes me think I'm drinking soda:drinker:
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who really enjoys drinking water but it was not always that way. When I first started to drink water on a regular basis I literally stop drinking anything else with a sugary, sweet flavor. Your taste buds can't appreciate water in all its glory when its looking for the same sensation that sugary drinks provide. My suggestion would be to ease off everything except water. When your really thristy water is better than any soda or juice you can get your hands on. Hope this helps. Good luck;)
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    I do what a lot of others have mentioned. A slice or two of cucumber helps and gives you added water. I also add lemon juice or just one TBLS of juice to my water. It helps cut the heaviness of the water and makes it easier to go down. I drink am up to five glasses of water a day, but I also get my total of 8 glasses of liquid intake through tea and coffee.
  • Foofyknickers
    Foofyknickers Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't like drinking water either. To be truthful, the only time I normally drink it is on a thursday during my Zumba class. I joined MFP yesterday, and so today made sure I had 2 glasses of water today. I'm gonna try it with a slice of lime in, see if that makes it more enjoyable. If I'm thirsty, i usually drink tea, milk, or diet coke, so this is a big change for me! :noway: :smile:
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking water as well. Not that I don't like it, but I just don't think about drinking it. Some days I crave it and can drink it like there's no tomorrow other days I avoid it like the plague.

Somethings that I do to help me is using the true lime, true lemon, or true orange ( I prefer true orange).
    Or sometimes I will make some tea (herb and no caffeine) and chill it to make things interesting.
    Depending on what I have in the house I will add raspberries, blueberries and sometimes cut up cantelope in a jug of water. Not too bad at all. =)