Bad news.. is bad for my..

Options
Its been a very emotinal week and it hasnt gotten any better.. This week my teenage daughter is having issues with her dad and step mom... i took my dad to Siani hospital.. and he went for tests and came out with 3 stints in one artery... now my sister in law called and a uncle who my husband looked up to dearly just past away unexpectedly in the hospital today... this is when my emotinal eating comes in... and im gonna learn how to deal with it.... if i have to hide myself in a closet to not eat.. then well. to make matters even better....... my husbands side of the family .. loves to eat.. alll the time.. happy or sad occasions.. i know there is gonna be a fire hall full of people and food.. the only good thing outta this.. i might be able to wear a nice outfit better then before... im very TESTED at this point!!!

Replies

• sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Its been a very emotinal week and it hasnt gotten any better.. This week my teenage daughter is having issues with her dad and step mom... i took my dad to Siani hospital.. and he went for tests and came out with 3 stints in one artery... now my sister in law called and a uncle who my husband looked up to dearly just past away unexpectedly in the hospital today... this is when my emotinal eating comes in... and im gonna learn how to deal with it.... if i have to hide myself in a closet to not eat.. then well. to make matters even better....... my husbands side of the family .. loves to eat.. alll the time.. happy or sad occasions.. i know there is gonna be a fire hall full of people and food.. the only good thing outta this.. i might be able to wear a nice outfit better then before... im very TESTED at this point!!!
  • king4ar
    king4ar Posts: 25
    Options
    Sorry to hear. My advice, stick to the raw veggies and pay attention to portion size. You are in my prayers.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, but, think of those better clothes and how great you've been doing, and stick to GOOD CHOICE foods, ok?! Things WILL get better!
  • sweetlauri70
    Options
    Believe me, I understand stress eating. You can do this though. If you give in and eat, it will not make your circumstances change and you will only feel more depressed. Take a walk, get some exercise and you will start to feel better. I was told at my support group that we are to make a list of 100 things we would like to do once we've lost weight. Do that...and cross things off as you reach all of those little milestones. When you're feeling down, bring it out and remember what you're working for and how far you've come. I have faith in you...and I'm praying for you.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Sft.

You know that holding out is not the way...you gotta be prepared!!

Drink a very large bottle of water down and eat a fiber one bar BEFORE you arrive at the hall.

It will be so easy to say no to the wrong foods then...cause you are gonna be sooo full.

Then first thing have another huge glass of water once you arrive and head directly for the salad.

Make yourself a HUGE salad and follow it up with another beverage.

Finally, scope out the desserts and find someone to share it with.

Think about that dessert and how amazing it is gonna taste.

You CAN do this...but if you are gonna win the body you want...GO PREPARED!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    WELL .. i just got back from probably close to a 3 mile walk.. and a quarter of that i ran... it helped a lot.. and water i am drinking..... yes.. going prepared is the key.. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONE .. reminding me why i do this everyday...
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

Two yrs ago my FIL was diagnosed with cancer and during that time I ate ate ate...he passed away and the weeks leading up to it and a few after, I ATE to cope. I gained 20 lbs very very quickly. I hope that you can use what you've learned here to cope better than what I did. (((HUGS)))
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    First.. HUGS Shana!

Second... drink a lot of water....... eat something BEFORE you go so you're not hungry. Stick to the veggie tray............

And pretend I'm on your should saying SHANA... NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels!!! Every time you go to grab something bad - pretend i'm slapping your hand lol!

Love ya chica! (for the rest of ya i'm not nuts Shana and I are friends in real life lol)
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    Thanks ANGIE.... ( IN REAL LIFE)..LOL
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Girl! I will put you in my thoughts!!! Drink tons of water, and maybe run by the store and grab some to go snack packs for your busy few weeks!

A friend got me in the habit to pick up during busy times to go packs in:

tuna and crackers (warning!!! only use 1/2 the mayo cause it is not the healthiest mayo!)
    apples
    sweet peas
    celery
    carrots
    bottled water
    pop some popcorn (Act II 94% fat free)

You can do this girlie!!! Keep your chin up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Awwww honey, I am so sorry things aren't going well. But you will get through it and being healthy will make the healing process go by better. Not to mention, will bring a little light into all of the darkness. Don't compound the bad feelings by blowing your healthy new lifestyle. We're here for you. And I will keep you in my prayers...:flowerforyou:

*Hugs*
  • sftbutterflykiss
    Options
    Thank you again.. and i will take the quick snacks .. as great advice..im gonna do that.. and thank you for all our prayers