Any tips on overeating????

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
So I always eat very healthy, but have a huge problem with overeating! I swear sometimes i will be full but keep on picking and picking!!! I tell myself i will regret it the next day, but that doesn't stop me:explode: Then when i do overeat i tell myself i have already blown it so i might as well eat something i normally would never eat.....like a HUGE chunk of chocolate cake.....last night for example!! Any ideas????

Replies

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    So I always eat very healthy, but have a huge problem with overeating! I swear sometimes i will be full but keep on picking and picking!!! I tell myself i will regret it the next day, but that doesn't stop me:explode: Then when i do overeat i tell myself i have already blown it so i might as well eat something i normally would never eat.....like a HUGE chunk of chocolate cake.....last night for example!! Any ideas????
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...the only thing I can suggest is taking only a serving. Measure it out...whether it's pretzels, or pasta, or carrots...whatever. Then you know what you're eating. If you want more, take another serving, or a half serving. This way you always know what you are consuming.

Hopefully this helps.

Kristin
  • Tiradora
    Tiradora Posts: 14
    Options
    I have only been on MFP for a little over a week, and looking back over the timeline...my evenings are where my problems are. Do you find yourself up late? Working of watching tv....? I do, and that's where all my over the top caloric intake is happening. I couldn't be the best person for advice but i have gone down in evenings from 500-205 calories...mostly yogurt or knudson doubles... Just be careful and start over again the next day. There is always hope...stay strong!
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing in the past....
    but I have learned that if I feel like picking still I started carrying cut up cucumbers or celery or even cut up bell peppers to snack on....
    then I can pick and pick all I want guilt free and then I will think twice about that chocolate cake...
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Funny you should bring this up - I am having a major problem with this and was just on here looking for advice on the topic... so I really wish I knew what to tell you!
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are not in the right mind set. I know I feel like I am starving and I want to eat and eat if I tell myself I am on a diet and I can't eat. Maybe if you tell yourself that you are NOT on a diet, you are just eating healthy, then you won't eat as much.

The individual serving thing sounds like a great idea. Don't watch tv while you eat because then you want to snack the entire duration of the show (Believe me, I've eaten chips for an hour long episode of American Idol).
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth or start chewing on gum like sugarless bubble gum.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Try drinking lots and lots of water. And try to go for better choice snacks if you are really hungry.
    I love having air pop corn with the spray butter that's got nothing for cals or whatever.
    Fiber One bars are really good tasting, as well as filling.