Following all the rules but still no weight loss! any sugges

Options
I have been following all the rules eating between 1100-1500 daily working out at least 5 times a week.
MFP says that I should be at least 10 pounds lighter within 30 days. It has been 45 days and I have lost 3 pounds. I eat fruits, vegetables, organic foods, fat free everything, fish, chicken. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Please help someone that has lost weight!

Replies

• eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I know you may not want to hear this, but if you made your diary public then people could look at what you've been eating and maybe help you to figure out why you're not losing any weight. :smile:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself. I lost almost 40 inches and 3 pant sizes, but only 5 pounds when I joined MFP. When I lost 30lbs. on my own I only went down one pant size. I will take the shrinking over the weight loss any day!
  • rma315
    rma315 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey everyone thank you for your comments. I see a little bit of a difference which is better then nothing. I am going to keep going I will keep you all posted
  • rma315
    rma315 Posts: 5
    Options
    Alleyhays how much weight have you lost?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have been following all the rules eating between 1100-1500 daily working out at least 5 times a week.
    MFP says that I should be at least 10 pounds lighter within 30 days. It has been 45 days and I have lost 3 pounds. I eat fruits, vegetables, organic foods, fat free everything, fish, chicken. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Please help someone that has lost weight!

Possible problems:

-Not eating enough. Your net calories should never be below 1200. And you should be eating back most of your exercise calories (I say most because I think MFP overestimates calorie burn for certain things.)

-Not accurately recording portion sizes. If you aren't weighing and measuring portions, you are probably recording them incorrectly. When I purchased a kitchen scale, I realized that I had been overestimating some food items and underestimating others--both of those problems meant I wasn't accurately recording calories or nutrients!

-You may have become used to your exercise routine. As you repeatedly perform the same exercises, your body is not working as hard to complete them. Might be time to bump up the intensity of your exercise program.

-How much have you changed your eating habits? We can't see what you're eating, but most of us got here by eating poorly. Lots of processed foods, take out, too many simple carbs, etc. Simply reducing those portions will work for a short while, but not in the long haul. So it may be time to go back through your diary and see where you can make some better food choices. You did mention that you use a lot of fat free foods--often, these have a large amounts of sodium to make up for the missing fat. Sodium will mess with your water retention, so that could also be a factor.

-Are you losing inches although the scale is not showing you a big change? Often this is the case, so it may be with you as well.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Alleyhays how much weight have you lost?

Just over 13 pounds