Personal Trainer - Worth the money?

sarahlasvegas
sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello,

Im restarting and feel like I need a bit of "tough love" and accountablity - my mum has offered to pay for a trainer as she is really worried about my weight.

Im currently 5ft 4 and 228 pounds, so in the horribly obese section...which is scarey!

I'm just interested in peoples experiences with trainers? Would love to hear anyones results.

Would once or twice a week be better?...

is it going to kill me lol

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I am of not much help, as I have never used one, I have never been in a gym either :O

I don't see the need to sped the money, if you want to do it you do it, I suppose it depends on how much of a kick you need to get you started? I have found, the more I exercise the more I want to and it becomes a part of my life I actually can't do without anymore.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    if you're into some tough love on the training field then check out the British Military Fitness groups, they have 2 in Sheffield, 1 at hillsborough park and 1 at endcliffe park. Its more expensive than the gym but they have great results (and the bonus is you get yelled at by fit men in uniform!)

Have you tried running? its cheap (sports bra and good trainers essential) you can do it anywhere, it burns loads more calories than any other sport - apart from skiing - and you can do it anywhere.

If you find something that you enjoy doing you're more likely to do it again and again
This discussion has been closed.