If you have a minute to look

Options
I would greatly appreciate anyone who is willing to look at my diary and tell me your thoughts. Add more cardio? Eat less? Eat more? Add/take away certain foods? TIA SO SO MUCH!! :happy:

Replies

• trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That's all you eat in your whole day?! I would guess you're in starvation mode. You need to eat all of your alloted calories and eat back at least part of your exercise calories or your body will slow down leading to no weight loss at all.
  • barbsus1991
    barbsus1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Drink more water, i know your above 1200 some days but try stay above MOST days. good luck =]
  • msl22
    msl22 Posts: 31
    Options
    looks like you need to eat more! LUCKY
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more - I'd say at or a bit above 1200. Good work - lots of healthy foods.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Try eatting a little bit more, mayhe around 1500-1800 cals. Also, drink more water.
    Edit* Also when you do exercise, eat back all the cals you gain.
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Eat more and balance it more. You need water and a LOT more protein, and just... just... JUST EAT! I don't know what your daily calorie goals are, but you should be eating AT LEAST 1200 calories, more if you're exercising! Look at my diary, I EAT... and I lose between .6 and 1 pound EVERY DAY. Good luck!
  • mexiana
    Options
    Eat more and balance it more. You need water and a LOT more protein, and just... just... JUST EAT! I don't know what your daily calorie goals are, but you should be eating AT LEAST 1200 calories, more if you're exercising! Look at my diary, I EAT... and I lose between .6 and 1 pound EVERY DAY. Good luck!
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I guess i just need to get it in my head that eating doesn't mean gaining weight, especially if it's the right foods and your exercising.

Any recommendations for food. I see more protein and someone said less fruit and more veggies...anything else?
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    More complex carbs is what I noticed are lacking.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    more water and more exercise
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I would try to cut down on your sodium. That alone helped me lose 5 pounds.

I would also have more fat in your diet (healthy fats of course) because fat is an important component to weight loss. Peanut butter and almonds are great sources of fat.

I also agree with an above poster that you should up your protein. Make sure to have some sort of lean protein at every meal: tuna, peanut butter, egg beaters, egg whites, tilapia, 99/1 ground turkey, lean ground beef, grilled chicken, etc).

I am for a 40-30-30 breakdown of calories (40% calories from carbs, 30% from fat, 30% from protein).

Good luck, but it seems that you are eating prett healthy despite any critiques people may give you :smile:
  • mexiana
    Options
    Just try to stay away from processed food as much as possible. "Bad" carbs (white bread, rice, etc...) will cause you to have cravings for sugar and MORE bad carbs. When I start my day with a healthy breakfast I can be around 'naughty' food all day and don't crave it. However if I were to start my day with a bowl of Lucky Charms.... I'd be eating everything in sight all day!

Balance is key, fruit and or veggie at every meal, carbs at every meal, protein at every meal. LOTS of water. Milk is very good too (even though it's white!) lol
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i think it looks quite balanced. Keep going!
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I guess i just need to get it in my head that eating doesn't mean gaining weight, especially if it's the right foods and your exercising.

Any recommendations for food. I see more protein and someone said less fruit and more veggies...anything else?
    I took a look at your diary and one thing that struck me is that your menus are pretty much alike one day after the other... I don't know if you like spicy food or not? I would try baking things that, at least, look different from one day to the other.
    It doesn't always have to be salads, fruits, lean meats.
    I'm on 1200 cals a day and I try to be VERY creative so it doesn't feel at all like I'm dieting.
    I'm cooking indian food (when it's homemade it's pretty lean, you can choose chicken), mexican, asian...

I like cooking so if you ever need ideas you can friend me, I can give you plenty of delicious ideas!
  • AMSull19
    AMSull19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    noticed your not tracking your sugar, fruits are better choices, but some can still have loads of natural sugar I usually limit myself to 2 fruits a day and have nuts or veggies for snacks when i'm hungry. also need more lean protein and complex carbs.
  • bolstar
    bolstar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is healthy and I wouldn't change it. You might want to do some strength training. If you can I suggest joing a the YMCA or a gym that offers classes to get you started. If that isn't feasible, get some weights and a video to work out in your living room. The great part about the gym is that there is support from others in the same boat or have been in the same boat has you. It also teaches good form and changes up all the time so you don't get board. :smile:
  • stephstrege
    Options

I took a look at your diary and one thing that struck me is that your menus are pretty much alike one day after the other... I don't know if you like spicy food or not? I would try baking things that, at least, look different from one day to the other.
    It doesn't always have to be salads, fruits, lean meats.
    I'm on 1200 cals a day and I try to be VERY creative so it doesn't feel at all like I'm dieting.
    I'm cooking indian food (when it's homemade it's pretty lean, you can choose chicken), mexican, asian...

I like cooking so if you ever need ideas you can friend me, I can give you plenty of delicious ideas!

I guess the main reason for the repeat is because I don't like waste, lol. So I use up everything in the fridge before I buy anything new, kind of weird :/ Also some of those were leftovers. I do like spicy food (not HOT but medium) and I love Indian food, didn't think I could do it low cal low carb, so any ideas, send them my way :)
  • stephstrege
    Options
    Your food diary is healthy and I wouldn't change it. You might want to do some strength training. If you can I suggest joing a the YMCA or a gym that offers classes to get you started. If that isn't feasible, get some weights and a video to work out in your living room. The great part about the gym is that there is support from others in the same boat or have been in the same boat has you. It also teaches good form and changes up all the time so you don't get board. :smile:

I would definitely join a gym if I had the means and the time. But it just isn't feasible right now. I am doing two different work outs, EA Active for the Wii and the Jillian Michael's Power Sculpt w/ 5 lb weights. I am thinking of adding in her cardio DVD each day too....