measurements

Options
OK, so after a couple of weeks here now, I decided to do some measurements. :grumble: Wow, that did not make me feel good. I am litterally a fat @$$. But at least I did it and added on a couple of measurements not on the list. Not what I was when I was a teenager. Can't wait to see those go down. Does anyone know about how many inches per pounds we loose?
SM

Maybe I am a little swollen from all the yard work I just did in 103 degrees. :ohwell: At least it counts for a work out! Wish I could fix my body in a couple hours as nicely as a little digging does in the yard.:tongue:

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    OK, so after a couple of weeks here now, I decided to do some measurements. :grumble: Wow, that did not make me feel good. I am litterally a fat @$$. But at least I did it and added on a couple of measurements not on the list. Not what I was when I was a teenager. Can't wait to see those go down. Does anyone know about how many inches per pounds we loose?
    SM

Maybe I am a little swollen from all the yard work I just did in 103 degrees. :ohwell: At least it counts for a work out! Wish I could fix my body in a couple hours as nicely as a little digging does in the yard.:tongue:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I always try to measure when I weigh, in the morning. If I wait until the end of the day, I tend to get puffy and not the results that I like. Maybe you should try that and see what the measuring tape says. Maybe it will be more in your favor!!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I just read your profile-- Congrats on kickin cancers *kitten*--- I have no idea how many inches are lost per pound- but i do know that sometimes inches go first rather than the pound- I have lost alot of inches in my weightloss journey compared to the pounds lost-- I have lost over 30lbs prior to joining MFP I joined MFP because I hit a plateau-- but even though I finally lost 5lbs the inches are coming off faster than the pounds-- just keep with it and you will see- good luck
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    you might feel crappy with your first measurments but when you see how quickly the inches come off you will be so happy!!!! They seem to come off quicker than the pounds I only started at MFP in march and have lost 22 pounds here(and another 25 before MFP) but since the begining of april when i started taking measurments i have lost 9 inches on my waist, 7 on my bust, 7 on my hips and a few on my thighs and upper arms!!!! it feels great!!!! :) only measure yourself like every two weeks though because you dont want to get discouraged

jackie
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I will re-measure in the morning just to make sure and then I will wait a couple of weeks before I do it again.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • GinAndTonic
    Options
    It's true that you will be less puffy in the AM, mostly due to water weight loss.

I know it sounds crazy, but it's actually possible to loose inches without loosing pounds.

When I get into my exercise routine (I am 2 years out of it btw), I notice my body readjusts. For instance, my butt is less saggy and my waist will be trimmer. All the while I could loose major inches in the waist/butt area (like 2 pant sizes), and only loose like 5-10 lbs.

I think it depends on so many factors like height and body type, and metabolism. I say just keep track of the measurements, and you'll see improvments if you're exercising and trimming calories.

Also, I know how the Chemo is on the body. I had cancer too. :sick: Feel free to send me a message if you'd like.

:flowerforyou: