new and need some motivation

Options
Hi, I am Pat. I have lost 69 pounds and just like most people put most of the weight back on. My head is finally screwed on straight and I feel like I have the motivation to go on. This journey is so difficult. I thought that I would post this and maybe by doing this, it would help me to keep my motivation.

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Welcome Patricia! I'm pretty new to MFP myself, and I love it. Get some buddies (by all means, add me :D) and you're going to find that MFP does a nice job at keeping you accountable.
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:
    I started this 20 months ago. I lost most of the 70lbs in the first 11 months. Now for the last 9 months I have fluctuated up and down about 7lbs. Right now my goal is to lose about 10lbs more so I will have a healthy BMI...but if that takes me another year its ok, because I know my calorie limit and have a set gym schedule and I plan on following thoes 2 things for the rest of my life, because I do not want to ever gain any of that weight back. It can be done! Remember in order to keep the weight off you should think of this as a life style change NOT a diet! :wink: Good luck
  • patriciarussell
    Options
    Thank you all for you support. It will be nice to have a good support group, Talk to you all later.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi patricia welcome and gd luck:smile: