Oookayy Ladies

Options
I am a mother of 10.5 month old twins.(Pre-pregnancy weight 125lbs) I weighed 200 the day I gave birth, and moved down to 180 immediately afterward. I have been able to make it down to 165 so far, but it has been hard. REALLY hard. Soon I'll be going back to work and will have even LESS time to think about what I'm putting in my body (Didn't think it possible.)

Has anyone else been in a similar situation or can anyone give me some quick food ideas? I do not own a microwave, and oatmeal makes me gag. I wish I was joking about the oatmeal thing... But sadly I am not. Anyways, anything would be appreciated.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Cream of wheat? Pasta dishes are pretty fast, done on the stove.
    Quick brown rice and veggies?
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    Greek Yogurt 0% fat with blueberries, walnuts and flax seed with a coffee for breakfast.
    Huge salad at lunch with romaine and spinach, 1/2 red pepper, tomatoes and cucumbers, a sprinkle of feta cheese and 3 kalmata olives. Make an olive oil and vinegar dressing. Put a tablespoon in a separate container to use for lunch.
    Before you leave for work or the night before do a a crockpot recipe and start it in the morning.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I would make all of my meals on my day off. Cut veggies, pre- package snacks, brown several pounds of ground meat(you can season it when you heat it up. basil and garlic for spaghetti,cumin and red pepper for Tacos etc.), wash and dry all lettuce for salads. You see what I mean. I do this on Sunday during my favorite T.V. commercials. You can also prepare casserole dishes and store in the freezer. Just pop it in the oven when you get home from work!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Once i week i grill like 12 chicken breasts. keep them in the fridge,make a wrap with salad & veggies & chicken, eat them cold, its easy
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Bfast: Egg white scramble with diced veggies and black beans wrapped in a tortilla to go
    Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and toast
    bfast sandwich: couple of egg whites, center cut bacon and low fat part skim mozzarella on an english muffin or toast
    Granola and skim milk

Snacks: fresh fruit (grapes apples bananas etc)
    Dry roasted un salted nuts
    Dark Chocolate (just in case)
    Greek yogurt
    Hummus and veggies

Lunch:Do you have a microwave at work?
    If so, cook extra meat at dinner and take that with some frozen veggies and nuke it at work or make a big batch of soup on Sundays in a crockpot, potion it out into containers and take those to work when you don't have time to fix something.
    If not: Salads, Sandwiches (with lots of veggies and low fat condiments and roasted chicken or meat from home),

Dinner: Marinade meat (chicken beef pork whatever) the night before and when you get home broil it (takes no time at all) and while it's cooking steam frozen veggies and if you're inclined some instant wild rice. (20 minutes TOPS)

The trick is being prepared. Grocery shop with your limited time in mind and on your day off get it ready for the week.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Try to come up with a few meals - say, two or three breakfasts, lunches, etc - and a few snacks. Say, 300 calories per meal, 100-150 calories or less per snack. Try to come up with a decent mix of nutrients, and go for things that can be prepared and stored in bulk. Then mix and match.

For instance, I'm not very organised, but I do tend to rotate the same few meals around. For breakfast, I generally pick between fortified cereal, or homemade baked beans on toast, or soya yoghurt with berries, or pancakes. Those are all under or around 300 calories, and I have a general idea of what kind of nutrients they provide, so I can focus the next few meals/snacks around what I'm missing, ie, something high in protein, or low in sugar.

Oh, and if you drink things other than water, then measure your glasses. It'll be easier if you know that a certain glass can hold, say, 200ml of a soft drink, or whatever, than to try to measure it every time. You can measure out milk for cereal that way, too.