Metabolism

Options
So i have been blessed with a super slow metabolism and doctors tell me my thyroid is fine which i still think they maybe wrong, but i was wondering any idea that you guys could give me that might help, I already excercise before breakfast and take a multivitamin with super-b complex, but any other ideas I would love to hear them thanks guys!!:wink:

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating before you exercise..?

on another note.. some people love calorie cycling.
  • citizen55555
    citizen55555 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Read a book called "Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto. Do at about an hour of cardio every day and eat 15-20% under what your total daily burn is. If you don't eat enough your metabolism with crash. Eat a lot but burn even more. This will boost you metabolism, also weight train 3 times a week to keep the muscle you have, this will keep your body from burning muscle instead of fat, preventing your metabolism from dropping. You should eat every 3 hours some protein and complex carbs. Your body can't store protein like it does carbs and fat so it's important to give it a steady supply. If you still need help you can cycle your calories, every 4th day keep working out but eat at your maintenance level not below to trick your body from going into starvation mode. If that still doesn't help start playing with your carb intake to see if you are carb sensitive. You can cycle carbs like the calories, so every 4th day eat normal carbs not low.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    Do you make sure to eat small meals every 2-3 hours? I have found that by starting to eat every 2-3 hours I am actually finding myself to be hungry every 2-3 hours when before I would have a difficult time making myself eat again within 2 hours. This helps your metabolism
  • stephyj23
    stephyj23 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys this is really helpful stuff I will start with more protiens and eating every 2-3 hours!!