What foods keep you feeling fuller for longer?

Options
2»

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    actually...pastas and cheeses do
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have porridge/oatmeal for breakfast everyday! 30g of oats with 250ml skimmed milk is enough to curb my hunger until lunch :smile:
  • jeneren
    jeneren Posts: 10
    Options
    Fiber one bars? I wonder what they are? What sort of ingredients are in them?

Eggs seemed to be good today for breakfast, with a piece of wholegrain toast - I still wasn't hungry at lunchtime!

Some great suggestions - thanks :smile:

If you are trying to clean up your eating plan, Fiber One bars you want to stay far away from. They are anything but clean eating.

Here is a web address with the ingredients of the Fiber One bars. There is so much sugar............Fructose, High Maltose Corn Syrup and Sugar........ Nothing but a bunch of sugar - glorified candy bar.

http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/brands/~/media/images/brands/nutritional_images/fiber_one/fiberonechewybarsoatschocolate102.ashx

Thanks for that!

I am definitely trying to stick with clean, whole foods.
    I'm pretty sure we don't have those bars here anyway.

Great to know to always check the ingredients though
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Porridge for sure. I have 30-40g with water and a teaspoon of honey - fills me up 'til lunch :-)

Diet yoghurts are also good for a filling snack
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    Eggs!!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    A good mix of fat and fiber with some protein such as banana and peanut butter, oatmeal and walnuts, eggs and ezekiel bread.

If I need something with less calories, Fiber One 90 Calorie Chewy Bars are great.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I make oatmeal with almond milk and add 1/2 oz slivered almonds and a diced peach.
    It keeps me full for a very long time.

Debbie