Vegetarian recipes? :)

teentrigirl
teentrigirl Posts: 4
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Does any one know of some nice vegetarian recipes that make you feel full and don't have completely obscure ingredients that you can't find anywhere?

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    I bought the best vegetarian cookbook. Betty crocker easy everyday vegetarian. ISBN: 978-0-471-75304-9

Awesome recipes and included the calorie information for each!!
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    I always make a pot of random vegetable chili with beans. loads of veggies, you can add rice or noodles to it if you want, i use vegetable broth. It can be high in carbs, but it is usually decent on protein, fat, and fiber, and calories! throw in whatever you like, let it simmer for like 20 min or so and BAM you got a delicious vegetarian friendly dish! I like to use carrots, peas, a little corn, zucchini, jalepanos, green pepper, tomatoes, black beans, celery, onion, garlic, top it off with green onion. yummm....
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    I loooove west soy cubed setian, (spelling) with soy sauce, and rice and broccoli. SUPER easy, and yumm!!

Or.. 1.5tsp olive oil, 1/5pkg west soy light firm tofu, about 6 minutes on one side and 4 on the other, add some already cooked brown rice, broccoli... so easy... so good!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Heavenly Earth Burgers

1.5 cups cooked brown rice
    1/2 cup finely chopped onions
    1/4 cup sunflower kernels
    1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
    1/2 cup shredded carrot
    3 tblsp minced fresh parsley
    2 tblsp reduced sodium soy sauce
    1/2 tsp dried thyme
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    1 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
    1/5 tsp canola oil
    6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
    6 lettuce leaves
    6 slices tomato
    6 slices onion

In large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
    In a food processor, combine the egg, egg whites and garbanzo beans, process until smooth.
    Stir into the rice misture and shape into 6 patties.
    In a non stick skillet coated with non stick cooking spary, cook patties in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until browned and crips.
    Serve on buns with lettuce, tomatoe and onion.

Nutritional values:
    1 burger equals 320 calories, 9 g fat, 49 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein

Lots of websites with recipes: AllRecipes, Eating Well, Food Network
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    go to your local library there should be vegetarian books you can check out with simply recipes.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Tons of vegetarian recipes on this thread (which fortunately got bumped in my topics!)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/115505-104-vegetarian-meals
This discussion has been closed.