Sometimes you have to take a look back and see how far you'v

Options
Rocki_
Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
Well, I figured it was high time I posted some of my 'before' pics. These were taken back before I started losing weight ... and I tipped the scales at a whopping 275 lbs (274.4 to be exact).

I carved 95 lbs of fat off my body over the next two years and then my life sort of fell apart (ugly separation and divorce, serious health issues, etc) and I gained back 65 lbs of what I fought so hard to get rid of. Once I was strong enough after my stay in the hospital, I started on the road back to health and wellness and I am very close to being half-way to my goal weight.

So... it is time. Time to resurrect the original pics because every now and again, I need a little reminder of just how far I've come! I have my eye very firmly on the prize, yet sometimes I must stop and recognize what I have accomplished. I am happy to say that I am 52.4 lbs lighter than I was in those pics... and 23 lbs lighter than I was when my main profile pic was taken at the top of Diamondhead. HOORAH!!!!

Just bought a pair of size 14 jeans and mark my words...they WILL be too big within 60 days!! :)

To everyone who has a goal of getting lean, strong and healthy I say this... If I can drag my sorry backside off the couch and do it... SO CAN YOU!!! You just have to believe. Work HARD... and believe.

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I can completely understand where you're coming from. I, too, fluctuated wildly with my weight and it wasn't until December that I realized that the only person who could do anything about it was me.

Congratulations on your successes thus far and here's to many more in the future!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!