You really can achieve anything you set your mind to!

Options
I have to keep remembering this constantly. What do you think about/do to keep yourself on track and stay motivated?

Replies

• katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    that I am worth it. I deserve to take care of me! I use to put everyone else infront of me. But now I take care of me as well as my family. I changed the way I cook so they get to benefit from healthier foods and if they want to walk or exercise with then that is great! IF they don't then that is ok too. I am still going to do it because I am worth it!:)
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    I tend to think, There is no alternative to taking care of myself. The opposite of what I'm doing, is treating myself like I'm worthless.

Good question! :)
  • zenfocus
    zenfocus Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes! That's the spirit! We always put ourselves last and in the past that's made me gain the most. In the end it ends up being selfish anyway because when I'm fat I'm more stressed, less healthy, more grouchy, and less fun to be around... both for me and the people around me. So by putting myself first I'm not putting other people last at all.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just think to myself, it's Now or Never.
    I only get one life and I want to be skinny again!
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I think about how far I've come and how I NEVER want to go back there again. That's not a choice, for me. I think about the non-scale victories I've had and how I want to keep having more, and think about what my next NSV might be. I think about how amazing it is that I could possibly be under 150 lbs by my 24th birthday (May 23rd). I think about how proud of myself I'm going to feel when I go with my husband to his 10-year high school reunion this summer. I think about how close I am to fitting into a size 12, when I have zero memories of ever being below a 14.

Those are the things I think about. :smile:
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror alot it means I see all the gradual changes every pound I lose has on my body also I think about all the clothes I wanna be able to buy and wear and I think about summer and spring and how close they are. How fat I used to be and how unfit I was. I might look at pictures taken from when I was at my starting weight. I also like looking at current pictures of me which reminds me I've still got a bit of a way to go and of what I have achieved again and buying the odd new item of smaller clothing and they joy it brings me when that item fits. :bigsmile:
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This is a complicated question for me. Because I think A LOT of things to keep me focused. And I work on NOT thinking probably even more things. Because it is those thoughts that I have to fight against that bubble up to derail me from my plan. I would say that at the center of it all, I try to focus on NOW….

When I was preparing to give birth to my daughter, I remember my birth instructor telling us that we only have to manage the pain one contraction at a time. And that when that contraction is over, we’re never going to have that one again, no matter how hard it was. And remembering that through labor helped me keep focus. I go to that place a lot, now. A place where I only have to manage this journey one day (one workout, one meal, one choice) at a time. It really allows me to let go and to be present and to not obsess over scales or how long this process is going to take.