Anyone else live in Japan....

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I am in the United States Navy stationed in Japan. I was wondering if anyone else on here is in Japan and went through this earthquake with me. FYI, My family and I are ok. It was very bad and very scary, but we are ok. Now we are just waiting to see about this nuclear reactor.

Replies

• jon_dub
    jon_dub Posts: 166
    Options
    Glad you and your family are okay. Good luck and our thoughts are with you
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    o wow.. i am glad you are safe.. I have been praying for everyone,I hope you can stay safe.Take care!!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    so glad you are ok and your family is ok. elizwelshman lives of there too and she said that she was OK to. she lives on a base over there.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It was really scary. At first we thought it was just another tremor. We get them all the time. But, this one just kept escalating. We evacuated outside and the ground was shaking so hard we couldn't even stand up. We were squatting holding the ground.

All the power went out throughout the country so I had to run up the 9 flights of stair to help get my family out of our apartment building. Now we are having gas and power rationing. We have been having after shocks since it happened. We actually just had one about 20 minutes ago.

I am use to hearing about natural disasters on TV. It is surreal to actually live through one.
  • JimHeid
    JimHeid Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Likewise. Take care, we have the same kind of reactor here in Vermont.