Gluten Free

Options
My Step Dad just recently found out he can not eat things with gluten in them. My Mom is having a hard time cooking for him so I told her I would come on here and see if my fellow diet friends could help out. Do you guys have any really good gluten free recipes you would like to share? What can he do about beer, is there an alternative?
Thank you for your help!

Replies

• RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have celiac as well as my mom. She and I have lots of little fun recipes if you'ld like some let me know. We have everything from a pizza substitue to cookies. They do make GF beer, a lot of bars note on the menu that they're GF options.
  • Bartlettlady
    Options
    What a coincidence...I was at the book store and ran across a book about gluten. Elisabeth Hasselbeck (the one on the View) has a book called The G-Free Diet. She doesn't eat any foods with gluten. Hopefully this will help...
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If you have a Whole Foods near you, I do believe they sell gluten-free beer there. I don't know the brands off the top of my head, but my best friend has to maintain a very strict gluten-free diet and so they always have gluten-free beer on hand in the house!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    There are Gluten free beers out there. As someone mentioned earlier, Whole foods and Lakewinds have a good selection of gluten-free products.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
  • Sirhijinx
    Sirhijinx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Also try Sprouts Farmers Market. Lot of Gluten Free stuff there.

www.sprouts.com
  • eyeamAnne
    eyeamAnne Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa).

Quinoa can be prepared like rice but they also sell it as pasta. My mom is diabetic and can't have pasta ... but after she discovered quinoa she had spaghetti for Lunch, Dinner, and Breakfast!!! (lol, it had been an entire year since she had any pasta). It costs a little more but it is also very healthy (tons of protein and other great things). Just do a google search. They sell it at my local stores next to the rice.