Late Night snacking!

Options
My problem always seems to have been and STILL is late night snacking. Even though I'm doing great calories/carb/fat/protein wise, I still can't seem to kick that craving of eating right before bed. I know it's not the right thing to do. But I feel like my body will starve if I don't have anything! Does anyone else have this problem and if so, please let me know what suggestions or advice you have thats helped you. But even if you don't have this problem, I'd love some input. Thanks!! :happy:
75357.png

Replies

• jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    My problem always seems to have been and STILL is late night snacking. Even though I'm doing great calories/carb/fat/protein wise, I still can't seem to kick that craving of eating right before bed. I know it's not the right thing to do. But I feel like my body will starve if I don't have anything! Does anyone else have this problem and if so, please let me know what suggestions or advice you have thats helped you. But even if you don't have this problem, I'd love some input. Thanks!! :happy:
    75357.png
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    I have this problem. I love snacking in front of the TV to relax. So I try two things. I go for a walk. Telling myself "ok, go for a 15 minute walk and if you still really want that snack then you can have it" because usually that walk has relaxed me and worked out whatever tension it is that is making me want to snack, and has produced those endorphins that make me feel better and not want to snack. And then if I still HAVE to have that snack, at least I've worked out a little bit to make up for it. And 2) I make good things early on, so they are there if I need to snack (if I wait until I want to snack, I snack while making it! :tongue: ) some of my favs (since I love sweets) is I buy those jello snacks that have the fruit in them. Or I make sugar free pudding and put sliced fruit in it and top with fat free cool whip. My favs are banana pudding with straws and bananas. cheescake with strawberries. hmmmmmm.

Hope this helps!! :smile:
  • jdk34951
    jdk34951 Posts: 18
    Options
    12:00 at night & I just ate a bowl of low sugar oatmeal!!!! I feel you pain!!!!
  • jamster
    Options
    Yeah I have no problem eating the right things..like Sugar Free Jello w/ Cool Whip, Fruit, protein bar, cottage cheese...it's just the fact of eating so late at night. I can't seem to stop! I had a pretty good dinner, but yet I still feel like I need something...so I had a Special K protein bar..I love it cause the protein definitely holds me over and makes me satsified! I just recently found those..so I'm sticking to them. I was talking to my personal trainer today and she said to brush your teeth any chance you get and you won't want to eat anymore cause of the taste it gives you in your mouth. So I'm going to try that....
  • rhonda79
    rhonda79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. when I get to that point tho, I just go to bed and when I wake up I'm never hungry. wired I know. I just say no no no..... :tongue:
  • jdavison
    jdavison Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How about going to bed earlier?
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i find that when i'm doing late night snacking it is because i am EXHAUSTED. my body tells me i'm hungry because it's looking for more of an energy boost to keep me going.

i find it's best to just drink a tall glass of water and just go to sleep!
  • jamster
    Options
    Yeah well it's hard to go to bed eariler when sometimes you work till 10 at night. So when that happens I end up having to eat after work and then I have to unwind, watch some tv and get ready for bed ..and by that time I'm hungry all over again! Err...I drink so much water as it is..It sucks, I don't know what to do!
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    Yeah well it's hard to go to bed eariler when sometimes you work till 10 at night. So when that happens I end up having to eat after work and then I have to unwind, watch some tv and get ready for bed ..and by that time I'm hungry all over again! Err...I drink so much water as it is..It sucks, I don't know what to do!

i hear you!!! i waitress on the weekends so some nights i'm not eating dinner until 11:30 or 12... so i just eat something light so my body isn't starving, and i call it a night.
  • lindizzzy
    lindizzzy Posts: 29
    Options
    i have this problem too!
    i usually i try to go to bed or i take a big gulp of v8 vegetable juice, its thicker so it's more satisfying than water and there aren't many calories!
    i'm going to try that brushing your teeth thing and see how that works
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds weird.. and it has helped... MY aunt (a big health person and nurse) eats a bowl of shreeded wheat whatever flavor before bed.... and her family.. she says this helps i thought it was weird and then i read it somewhere...lol.... so hope this helps.