Hey, I blew it this weekend!

Options
I went hunting with my boyfriend, and partied and ate too much. Now I feel totally defeated. I went and ran this evening and barely made it, and I averaged a 10 in. mile. Not good. I'm running a 5k on Thanksgiving, and it was my goal to average a 8.5 min. mile. Wonder if it will happen. Anyways-I think I learned a good lesson-don't go out drinking when you're trying to train for a run.:drinker:

Replies

• 1theresa
    Options
    I went hunting with my boyfriend, and partied and ate too much. Now I feel totally defeated. I went and ran this evening and barely made it, and I averaged a 10 in. mile. Not good. I'm running a 5k on Thanksgiving, and it was my goal to average a 8.5 min. mile. Wonder if it will happen. Anyways-I think I learned a good lesson-don't go out drinking when you're trying to train for a run.:drinker:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a runner too and find sometimes a nice cold beer and chicken wings can motivate me. We have all been there! Good luck on Thursday:smile:
  • playinwfire
    Options
    Hi Theresa:smile:

Consider yourself great since some people can't even run or get back to the gym! I'm impressed with your willpower! and don't feel guilty because you blew it this weekend at least you you had fun!

Keep it going girl and good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • playinwfire
    Options
    Yeah I forgot to say that me too I'm a runner but guess from what???

I'm a runner from running :grumble:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Good luck with your run!

We all fall off the wagon once or twice during our journey to better health! so long as you know it doesn't spell the end all, then you've already won.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about last weekend... Just have fun on your Turkey Trot!
    I did one last year and one thing I noticed was I didn't overindulge on Thanksgiving b/c I felt so good about my accomplishment that morning.

I wish I was signed up for one but I'm not this year... Oh well, there's always next year!!!
    Angela :glasses: