Hello everyone!

Options
I signed up on Friday afternoon, and I have to admit, the past two+ days have been some of the most enlightening days of my life. I've known for a long while that my diet was out of wack, but I honestly figured I was eating MAYBE, tops, 2200 calories a day. After I joined the site, and stated figuring out what a normal day of eating looked like for me, I was SHOCKED to find out my daily average was anywhere from 3500 to 4000 calories a day, with a very inactive lifestyle.

I joined about noon on Friday, before lunch, and entered what I ate that morning....a bit over 1000 calories! It was rough to get in under the limit for the day, but nothing like yesterday. I literally felt like my stomach was eating itself...it was all I could do to get through the day without binging. But I made it, barely, thanks to fruit and lots of water.

Today was a LOT better. I learned how to ration my calories a little better, and actually made it through the day without too much discomfort. I felt a little light headed at one point in the morning, but a quick snack fixed me up.

I started at 277...thank god I'm a broad shouldered guy from a family of big men. My ability to carry my weight really really well helped me hide how much I really weigh. I weighed myself on Thursday, and it hit me....I weight more than the famous Hogs from the 80's Washington Redskins. Brutal, and enough was enough. My immediate goal is to get below 270 by the end of the month, and then 250 by July 4th, with the ultimate goal of 240 by the end of summer.

Anyway, I'm always looking for friends to commiserate with...stop by, say hello, and help me stay on track, and I'll do likewise!

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am always looking for new friends so we can help support each others' weight loss...

I had no idea that I was eating as many calories as I was either...it's quite the eye opener!

Ellen
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    Welcome, I started last Sunday! Good Luck on your journey. Add me if you'd like to.
  • rjgazray
    rjgazray Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was absolutely in the same boat when I began this journey! I was convinced that I never overate and just couldn't lose weight. This site really woke me up and helped me see that I was eating way over my calorie limit. It's been such a great tool and I couldn't have gotten this far without it. Welcome!