Zumba for the wii

Options
I just ordered zumba for the wii. Hopefully it will be here in the next week or so. Has anyone tried this, and do they like it?

I ordered it because, everyone talks about zumba classes being fun, and I just can't fit that into my busy schedule with work and kids. but I thought the zumba for wii would be the same thing. is that correct?

I'm a big fan of the wii- my shape with camera. and the wii just dance is fun, but enjoy the my shape better. Is this like either of these?

Replies

• might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    will look forward to hearing some answers because I am thinking about asking for Zumba for Wii for my birthday next month!!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have it, I like it but I never use it. I like the classes much better. I usually go to 2-3 classes every week. It is not the same as a class but Zumba is a great workout and if you like to dance, you should love it.
  • JennieCosmo
    Options
    ooh! i want to buy it as well
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    I love it. I can burn 500-600 calories in an hour on my HRM
  • Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Never tried this wii game but just for anyone that has an Xbox Kinect--I would totally recommend the Dance Central game. Lots of fun and keeps track of calories burned if you do workout mode. I burned about 300 calories the other day playing for almost an hour--and had fun! Felt like more than just a workout.
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Zumba! Lol. I initally got it for the Wii from Game Stop i love it but for some reason ,my hip band sucks at staying in place. I ordered the DVDs with the shake weights. Love em. Helps me alot. I wish i had the courage to go to a class. Not yet maybe in another 20 lbs. LOL. I hope you enjoy it. for me i found the expert 20 minutes was easier then the beginner 20. LOL..
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    I have the game for the wii and I really don't like it. The band is strange and it never stays where it is supposed to. The wii registers correct movements when you're severely screwing up and incorrect ones when you're doing everything right. I didn't have a good experience with it, and I plan on selling it used.
  • bamcnally
    Options
    I started off with the Wii game and the Zumba DVDs and switched them around so I didn't get bored. I like the Wii game because there are different variations of the workouts and even a way to customize a workout schedule. You can definitely work up a sweat. Now, I use it about 1 or 2 times a week when I can't make it to the gym for classes. I can usually even get a workout in with the kids because my 5 yr old thinks its a game and he tries to "beat" me on the 2 player point levels.
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Zumba! Lol. I initally got it for the Wii from Game Stop i love it but for some reason ,my hip band sucks at staying in place. I ordered the DVDs with the shake weights. Love em. Helps me alot. I wish i had the courage to go to a class. Not yet maybe in another 20 lbs. LOL. I hope you enjoy it. for me i found the expert 20 minutes was easier then the beginner 20. LOL..

My band kept falling off too so I just use the remote in my hand. Someone else said the expert is easier than the beginner levels. I was surprised by that too. I have not completed a Zumbathon yet but I am wondering if the expert moves balance out in the Zumbathon.