S.B.F. Fitness Challenge. . .July 11th

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
Me first!

Happy Friday all! Hope you have fun plans, and fun exercise plans, for the weekend. We were invited, by people much fitter than us, to go for a very difficult bike ride in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday (should hit 100 degrees). We declined the invite but said we'd drive our car over to watch the Tour de France. :laugh: We will probably still go for a bike ride but just around the neighborhood, early in the morning - like sane people do. I caught myself looking at bikes on craigslist yesterday. Dangerous site that.

Went for a nice long walk yesterday. Will finish the movie today and walk some more. Doing the "yoga outside" again today. Will wear the HRM and see how it goes. No chance of rain today.

Have a great workout!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Me first!

Happy Friday all! Hope you have fun plans, and fun exercise plans, for the weekend. We were invited, by people much fitter than us, to go for a very difficult bike ride in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday (should hit 100 degrees). We declined the invite but said we'd drive our car over to watch the Tour de France. :laugh: We will probably still go for a bike ride but just around the neighborhood, early in the morning - like sane people do. I caught myself looking at bikes on craigslist yesterday. Dangerous site that.

Went for a nice long walk yesterday. Will finish the movie today and walk some more. Doing the "yoga outside" again today. Will wear the HRM and see how it goes. No chance of rain today.

Have a great workout!

Mary
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!

I did my body for life lower body weight trng. I also included the Taebo ab bootcamp dvd...My workout was an hr long and burned 342cals. Not bad...

Have a wonderful Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do nothing:grumble: It feels weird, but it is part of my taper for the triathlon Sun!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning, everybody. . .

Today is the gym for some cardio and weight training. I've given up on the whole "getting up early for spinning" plan, and I'm going to move my schedule around so that I can go to evening classes.

Yesterday, the experiment continued. . .and I was about 300 calories under maintenance. (including a meal out and a glass of red wine) I sort of under-estimate what Bikram first burned, (I feel like my hrm would be disruptive to me) so maybe I was more under. Either way, I had good eating, and felt actually hungry whenever I sat down to eat. One of my problems is I go from fine to STARVING in zero seconds. When I'm hungry, I'm hungry.

Happy workouts! :flowerforyou:

OH, and kwelshw. . .I am in awe and wonder of you because of the tri. That is super-duper cool.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Yay... it's Friday!

This morning I did BL Power Sculpt dvd... I added Level 2 this morning and heavier weights. I can really feel it... it's a good feeling! Evening walk on the agenda as well.

kwelshw.... good luck in your triathlon on Sunday! You rock!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    TGIF I think! The weekend will be the true test. I tend not to exercise or log foods on the weekends! :noway: Bad bad. I'm going to try this weekend though.
    I have been doing much better on my eating, even though I had pizza last night. I was still 250 under my calories after all my exercise, so I didn't fret.
    I am about to do taebo for 45 minutes. Aunt Flow is STILL here after 7 days, so I am not pushing it yet. I hope to do 60-75 minutes next week everyday. I have four weeks to lose 5-7 pounds! Can I do it? If I stop eating pizza!:tongue:
    I finally emailed one of my friends who is dieting and eating only 1200+ cals a day. She's over 200 pounds and I finally told her she's not eating enough, especially if she's exercising too. I hope she doesn't hate me for rebuking her. I'm doing it out of concern and love for her. EAT YOUR CALORIES PEOPLE! lol
    Happy exercising!
    Melissa
  • meemi42
    meemi42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run on the treadmill after work today, it's just too hot and humid here to do it outside. I have discovered the drawback to joining the gym at the local community college-- the smell! Oh my word!! See it is in the basement of an older auditorium and it doesn't have air conditioning-- just three strategically placed industrial-type fans.

The stink in there after the football team works out is indescribable! Makes that whole argument about proper breathing technique fly right out the window. I'm breathing through my mouth so I don't puke.

Maybe since it's Friday the team will have worked out during the day and the funk will have dissipated.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Evening ladies! Better late than never...I started my day out with Hip Hop Abs Total Body Burn and proceded to spend the rest of the day preparing for a family cook-out & swim party tomorrow. My kids and grandkids will all be here. :heart:

I'm not so good at scheduled exercise on the weekends so I will "see' you all on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!