Black Bean Burgers

Options
mlh612
mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
Just had to share.. We made these last night and they are great - even to a non-vegetarian like me!! We doubled the recipe and put some in the freezer for later.. Enjoy!

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/homemade-black-bean-veggie-burgers/Detail.aspx

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    bump, I love black bean burgers, I need to make my own instead of buying the expensive Morning Star ones, so thanks for the recipe =)
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing.
  • crunkpunch
    Options
    I've seen a lot of recipes for black bean burgers lately. I"ll have to give them a try!
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I buy vegan Lentil Walnut Burgers frozen from Veggie Brothers. They are located in New Jersey. http://www.veggiebrothers.com/
    They also have a cookbook on CD that contains recipes for a lot of their food. The best thing for me about them is the low sodium.

Lentil Walnut Burger (12 CT FOODSERVICE)
    Delicious blend of lentils, walnuts and veggies make this a great all vegetable veggie burger that is actually high in protein! For those who like low processed foods in there most natural state, this burger is for you. A good source of vitamin A and iron.
    Price: $27.99

NUTRIENT FACTS

Serving Size 4 (112g)
    Serving per container 12
    Amount Per Serving 4 oz.
    Calories 260 Calories from fat 108

Total Fat 12g 18%
    Sat Fat 1g 4%
    Sodium 39mg 9%
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
    Carbohydrates 29g 10%
    From Fiber 4g 19%
    From Sugar 2g
    Protein 11g

Vitamin A 81% Vitamin C 5%
    Calcium 3% Iron 23%

Ingredients
    Organic lentils, walnuts, carrots, mushrooms, onions, breadcrumbs, wheat flour, thyme leaf
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    bump. Will have to make these sometime this week!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I had a Morning Star Spicy Black Bean Burger and it was deliscious, So I'm gonna see if I can get my hubby to make me some off your recipe cause Im sure they're much better that premade!!! Thanks!!!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I used this exact recipe last week! Very good :) I plan on making them again.