Options
2»

Replies

• jeffy84
    jeffy84 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi there, I'm brand new to this site.
    But a good tip is that variety is best.
    If you constantly do the same type of exercise/distance/time etc your body becomes accustom to it and you loose the initial benefits.
    So mix it up as best as you can. Cardio, spin, body pump, weight training, your fun motivated dance type classes.
    Just keep your body guessing.
  • lemonychick
    lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am doing a mixture of resistance training (weights/aqua-aerobics) and cardio (zumba/aerobics). I'm trying to eat low-carb/higher protein too, I don't want to lose any muscles!
    Cheers lads and lasses!
    :laugh:
  • Jeanieshoulders
    Options
    last chance workout by Julian, at walmart around $9 or $10.:flowerforyou:
    Good luck, take each day as ti comes.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Don't try to push it. Make your goal and stick to it. Losing too fast is not good. I have found that any almost any exercise can be just as good as another. I have a heart rate monitor which also tracks calories. A good hard one hour work out you should be around 6 to 700 calories. I have hit 900 and as low as 350 in an hour. Go hard.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    As long as the activity gets your heart rate up and makes you sweat, I would say that it is a good choice. Pick something that you actually enjoy doing, if possible so that you will stick with it. Cheers!